Top 10 books (and series) of 2017

2017 has been an awesome year for me in terms of reading, and not just that.. It was the year I finally got the courage to create a blog and make a bookstagram and it has seriously been the best damn thing of the year. I love this community so much!

It doesn't even matter how much followers I have on here, I just love to share my thoughts on books with anyone who is interested, it doesn't matter if it's 100, 25, 7 or even just one single person who is reading, I'll continue sharing!

Thank you to those who have been supporting me on here, on Instagram or any other social media where I share bookish things! I'm super grateful for you, you've made my life happier. So, thank you so much.

Here are my absolute favorite books of the year, in no particular order though because I think that would give me a complex lol.



1. Grip Series by Kennedy Ryan
Purchase here:
Flow - Free

Link to my review

2. The Checkmate Duet by Kennedy Fox


Purchase here:

Link to my review:

3. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare



Blurb:
Would you trade your soul mate for your soul?


A Shadowhunter’s life is bound by duty. Constrained by honor. The word of a Shadowhunter is a solemn pledge, and no vow is more sacred than the vow that binds parabatai, warrior partners—sworn to fight together, die together, but never to fall in love.



Emma Carstairs has learned that the love she shares with her parabatai, Julian Blackthorn, isn’t just forbidden—it could destroy them both. She knows she should run from Julian. But how can she when the Blackthorns are threatened by enemies on all sides?



Their only hope is the Black Volume of the Dead, a spell book of terrible power. Everyone wants it. Only the Blackthorns can find it. Spurred on by a dark bargain with the Seelie Queen, Emma; her best friend, Cristina; and Mark and Julian Blackthorn journey into the Courts of Faerie, where glittering revels hide bloody danger and no promise can be trusted. Meanwhile, rising tension between Shadowhunters and Downworlders has produced the Cohort, an extremist group of Shadowhunters dedicated to registering Downworlders and “unsuitable” Nephilim. They’ll do anything in their power to expose Julian’s secrets and take the Los Angeles Institute for their own.



When Downworlders turn against the Clave, a new threat rises in the form of the Lord of Shadows—the Unseelie King, who sends his greatest warriors to slaughter those with Blackthorn blood and seize the Black Volume. As dangers close in, Julian devises a risky scheme that depends on the cooperation of an unpredictable enemy. But success may come with a price he and Emma cannot even imagine, one that will bring with it a reckoning of blood that could have repercussions for everyone and everything they hold dear.

4. Full Tilt Duet by Emma Scott


Purchase here:

5. Behind the Bars by Brittainy C. Cherry



Blurb:
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.



I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.

Something in her eyes told me her smile wasn’t always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.

Years later, she was standing in front of me on a street in New Orleans.
She was different, but so was I. Life made us colder. Harder. Isolated.

Caged.

Even though we were different, the broken pieces of me recognized the sadness in her.
Now she was back, and I wouldn’t make the mistake of letting her go again.

When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.
When we met again, I became her darkest storm. 


6. Like Us Series by Krista & Becca Ritchie


Purchase here:
Link to my review:

7. Drive by Kate Stewart

Blurb:
Music . . . the heart’s greatest librarian.


The average song is three and a half minutes long; those three and a half minutes could lead to a slow blink, a glimpse of the past, or catapult the soul into heart-shattering nostalgia.



At the height of my career, I had the life I wanted, the life I’d always envisioned. I’d found my tempo, my rhythm. Then I received a phone call that left me off key.



You see, my favorite songs had a way of playing simultaneously. I was in love with one man’s beats and another’s lyrics. But when it came to the soundtrack of a life, how could anyone choose a favorite song? So, to erase any doubt, I ditched my first-class ticket and decided to take a drive, fixed on the rearview.



Two days.



One playlist.



And the long road home to the man who was waiting for me.
8. Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose



Blurb:
BRIAR 

I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago. 

Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. 
We couldn't ever be together. 
I was too young, and he was too untouchable. 
He was too troubled, and I was too naive. 
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of those things. 
As I got older, harmless flirting turned to stolen moments in dark corners. 
Until one day, he was gone without a trace. 
Now, three years later, he’s back. 
Callous and cruel. 
He’s my brother’s best friend. My parents’ worst nightmare. 
I should hate him. 
But like a Bad Habit, I can’t quit him. 



ASHER 

I was drawn to Briar Vale from the first time she looked up at me with stars in her big, blue eyes. 
She was just a kid, nothing but elbows and knees, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. 
We could never be together. 
I was too old and she was too off limits. 
She was too good and I was too fucked up. 
Eventually, the temptation became too much to resist. 
I risked everything for a kiss and she betrayed me. 
Three years have passed and I’m forced to see her again, but now she's all grown up. 
She’s my best friend’s baby sister. My downfall. 
I hate her for what she did. 
But she's always been my drug of choice.


9. Stay by A. L. Jackson



Blurb:

I’m Ash Evans.

The life of the party.

Hot. Rich. Charismatic.
A tattooed rock star with the world at my feet.
I burn through women faster than the strike of a match.

I’ve embraced my lifestyle and live it to the fullest.
Until the day my lifestyle caught up to me.

Willow Langston found me at my lowest.
Literally.
Facedown in a puddle of my own blood.

I owe her my life and I have three months to repay that debt.
What I never should have done was touch her. Kiss her. Take her to my bed.

Love wasn’t supposed to be a part of the equation.
I gave up that nasty complication a long damned time ago.
Now I want her more than my next breath.
But she doesn’t know what I know.

Do I leave to protect her? Or can I face my demons and ask her to Stay? 


10. With This Heart by R. S. Grey



Blurb:
If someone had told me a year ago that I was about to fall in love, go on an epic road trip, ride a Triceratops, sing on a bar, and lose my virginity, I would have assumed they were on drugs. 


Well, that is, until I met Beckham. 



Beck was mostly to blame for my recklessness. Gorgeous, clever, undeniably charming Beck barreled into my life as if it were his mission to make sure I never took living for granted. He showed me that there were no boundaries, rules were for the spineless, and a kiss was supposed to happen when I least expected. 



Beck was the plot twist that took me by surprise. Two months before I met him, death was knocking at my door. I'd all but given up my last scrap of hope when suddenly, I was given a second chance at life. This time around, I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers. 



We set out on a road trip with nothing to lose and no guarantees of tomorrow. 



Our road trip was about young, reckless love. 



The kind of love that burns bright. 



The kind of love that no road-map could bring me back from.


Comments

Popular Posts