Release Day Blitz: One Night to Fall, by Kelsey Kingsley


One Night to Fall

by Kelsey Kingsley

Synopsis:

To Kinsey McKenna, Patrick Kinney was a persistent glob of sticky peanut butter. He had been stuck to the roof of her mouth, since they were both three years old, when fate seemed to send his family next door to hers. All the way from the coast of Ireland to River Canyon, Connecticut.

Over twenty-nine years, fate has been both kind and cruel and many choices have been made. Can things go back to when they were more innocent and magical? Patrick has a plan and just one night to try and take back the reins of his destiny and put the wrong things right with a trip down memory lane.

Fall in love again with this novella of firsts and second chances, in a little town where everything meant everything.

Buy Links

Amazon US:  http://amzn.to/2AUHmog

Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2ATTdTC

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2jKe6p8

Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2km5NDK

Review


Ah, another friends to lovers romance that I adored! 

“I was too young to be a feckin’ hero, Kinsey, and in case you haven’t noticed, life isn’t a goddamn movie.” “But you loved me.” “Yes, and I still do.”

I seriously loved this story! It had it all; it was funny (with lots of funny and cute banter), sweet, sexy and also with its fair share of angst. Me love! 


I couldn't help but fall in love with Patrick and Kinsey's story, and yes Kelsey it only took ONE NIGHT. Because that is literally how long it took me to read this gem, even though I fell way before it was over. 

I couldn't stop reading about these two, I needed to find out if Kinsey was gonna give in to Patrick's sexyness or not. Ok, not really, I knew she would. I just really wanted to find out the how and when. 

But Patrick was much more than sexy, he was seriously the sweetest guy, a good dad and friend and damn it, he loved Kinsey all his life. The poor guy was stuck in a loveless marriage, with a total b*tch, for ten years, waiting for the love of his life to finally come back to him. 


“Kinsey, I fell for you the second I saw you and your stupid pigtails. I was clingin’ to Da’s legs, beggin’ him to not force me over to you, because I knew in my little heart, that I was done for.” He laughed, shaking his head against the back of the couch. “Hell, even at three, I knew to stay the feck away from women. But then, Da shoved me over to you, and …” He shook his head, turning back to face me. “Done.” I laughed, as the heat crept up from my chest to my cheeks, blazing a trail where his words kissed my skin. “You’re such an idiot.”

They spent 10 years with no contact whatsoever, after all those years Kinsey comes back to her hometown due to her father's health. Patrick spends another two years visiting her every single day at her job, and asking her out. On the day his divorce is finally finalized, Patrick attempts to ask her out once more. Kinsey finally says yes with the excuse that if she gives him that one date he will stop pursuing her. But Patrick is prepared to take her on the best date ever, not only do they get to go down memory lane but they get to hash everything out and boy it was quite a journey and you will not want to miss it! Believe me!

“Hey,” he said. “Hi.” “Can I tell you something?” I nodded, focusing on his eyes to keep myself from fixating on the thighs that straddled my waist and the erection that pressed into my pubic bone. “I’ve missed you. A lot.” There was no more fight, and my walls fell a little further. “I’ve missed you too.” If he had hesitated for another second, I would have begged him to kiss me. I would have tossed away the rest of everything I had been holding onto, and pleaded with him to just do it already. But that Patrick Kinney … He didn’t so much as falter; he just did.

I seriously loved these two so much. I loved reading about them as kids, as they grew from friends to lovers, how they went their separate ways and how they came back to each other. It was seriously a beautiful and wonderful read.


Rate: 4,7 / 5 stars
Author's Bio:

When I was a wee lassie, I was told by my preschool teachers that I was a natural at storytelling. When I was just a little older than that, an old friend's mother said to me, "Kelsey, one day your books are going to be on the shelves at the library."
Well, Diane, I don't know if my books are ever going to be on the shelves of libraries, but I'm sure as hell going to try.
When I'm not writing stories destined to be bestsellers, I enjoy devouring TV shows, listening to every type of music there is and going to concerts, reading pretty much anything (with a soft spot for romance and certain books located in 18th century Scotland), obsessing over makeup, and pretending to workout. I also have a fondness for cats, my family, tattoos, and a really good French fry.

Stalk Kelsey on-line:
Website
Twitter
@kelswritesstuff
Goodreads
Facebook:

Event Hosted by @IndiesInk #IndiesInkPromotions

Comments

Popular Posts