Review: The Forbidden Man, Karina Halle


The Younger Man had a tittle change and is now called The Forbidden Man!
Same amazing story and couple though.


A reckless and irresistible soccer star. A forbidden affair that could ruin her career. The locker room has never been this steamy.

Starting over was her only option.

Forty-years old and still reeling from a public and painful divorce, Thalia Blackwood is looking for a fresh start, somewhere far away from her upside down life. When she's offered a new job as the sports therapist for a football (soccer) team, she jumps at the chance. This is just what she needs to leave the heartbreak and shame of Manchester behind, trading it in for the warmth and hopeful vibrancy of Madrid.

He was her only desire.

Alejo Albarado is rising up the ranks in his career. As the charming forward for the Real Madrid team, Alejo's life revolves around women, parties, and being a tabloid darling, that is until the new sports therapist joins the team.

Their passion could not be ignored.

What starts out as a strictly professional relationship between Thalia and the young Spanish player, slowly evolves into something more. Much more.

Their relationship was forbidden.

But their combustible chemistry and simmering sexual tension can only go so far--should Thalia give into Alejo's advances, she's at risk of not only losing her job, but succumbing to a younger man will drag her through the spotlight again.

Alejo might be worth that risk.

Unless he breaks her heart in the process.

The Forbidden Man is a full-length standalone romance. Characters from Love, in English make a cameo in this book, however The Forbidden Man is intended to be read as a STANDALONE. This book is approximately 500 pages long and was previously titled The Younger Man.

Review

It's always so refreshing to read an age gap romance where the heroine is the older part of the equation because I think most of this trope is always the other way around so whenever I see an age gap romance where the woman is the older one I always want to read it.

This book wasn't just refreshing for me because of what I just said but also for many other reasons: first, I feel like I haven't read practically any soccer sports romances (it always feels weird for me to say soccer instead of football ugh) so I really enjoyed to read about this sport even though I don't particularly care for it IRL; second, I loved the Europe setting, well mainly Madrid, and all the spanish and even portuguese in it; third, it was pretty awesome to see even just a little bit of my own country and language in this book (Karina, thank you for giving me Luciano ahah).

Alejo was pure fire since Thalia first laid eyes on him - his eyes hypnotized me too and I wasn't even looking at them like she was. He was so sexy and fun and gave me so many emotions, my heart hurt for him while he couldn't play and help his team win games but then again if it weren't for that he and Thalia wouldn't have grown so close together. Things happen for a reason and these two were definitely destined to be together. They were like two pieces of a puzzle that fit together, no matter how forbidden it was.

I loved Thalia too. She was incredible and I loved reading about her journey in a new country and of finding herself again after her divorce. She was in an such a crappy position.. and to be falling in love with someone from the team again, only this time it wasn't allowed and he was much younger... it was so emotional to read her struggles revolving her situation and relationship with Alejo and my heart really hurt for him too when she wanted to end things.

The Forbidden Man exceeded all my expectations; it was quite possibly one of my fav age gap romances. Everything about it was amazing, from both the hero and heroine as individuals to their incredibly beautiful connection and chemistry to the setting of the book and all the angst and emotions it pulled from me. I loved it!


Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!⁣
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2rrQYDd⁣
Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/TheYoungerManKH⁣
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2OhIyaE

Comments

Popular Posts