Review: Censoured Soul, Anne Malcom

I give myself to strangers.

When I'm on stage, and when I'm off it.

Whether it's throngs of screaming fans or just one man, it's always outsiders. People who don't know me. Not the real me.

It's easier, because then it's not so obvious that there is no real me. Just layers of lies. 

Then I'm peeled back to the nerve. Showing the world my ugly. Everyone sees me for what I am.

Rightfully so, they hate me.

Almost as much as I hate myself.

I'm willing to hate myself for what I've done. To wither away into some washed up old rock star.

But he doesn't let me.

I want to hate him.

He doesn't let me do that either.


Buy Here NOW:


Free in KU

REVIEW
My first Anne Malcom book and I gotta say I loved her writing. What sold me on reading this book was falling in love with the cover... like it's pure perfection! And then finding out it was an MM romance... yup, that hooked me. But I probably should have read the whole series first, don't get me wrong you can definitely read this as a standalone, however I think it would have been more special to have read the other books first. I think I would have connected a lot more with the characters, and it's always amazing to see their whole journey and then get to the end and watch them get their well-deserved HEA.

Anyway, I definitely plan to read this whole series and then reread this book. I am super curious about all the other couples of the Unquiet Minds band and they seem to have had some epicly emotional stories and I just gotta read them. One thing is for sure though, I might not have read any of the other books but the love this family has for one another was FELT and that's another reason why I'll definitely be reading the whole series.

When it comes to Noah, he's a deeply broken man that hides behind his lies. He's a true friend that is always there when his friends need him but won't let the opposite happen because no one knows his real struggles. So when his secrets come to light, it rocks the band's world and forces Noah to face his nightmares.

He meets Gideon while they are both facing and working through their demons and they help each other in doing so... and they fall hard for one another. But life isn't easy nor simple and these two want to get healthy and work on themselves before they give their relationship a go. I loved these two together. They showed amazing strength and willpower.

Censoured Soul is an emotional MM romance that portraits deep subjects, a beautiful love between family and forgiveness of oneself and others. It was definitely a tear-jerker from time to time, specially when Noah and Gideon are sharing their truths and when you feel how much love this family has for one another and how what happened has affected them all.



Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.


Raised in small-town New Zealand, Anne had a truly special childhood, growing up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. She has backpacked across Europe, ridden camels in the Sahara, eaten her way through Italy, and had all sorts of crazy adventures. Currently living in London, she’s on a whole new adventure. 
Watch this space…


Hosted By:

Comments

Popular Posts