Review: The Mafia and his Obsession Part Two, Lylah


Title: The Mafia and His Obsession: Part Two
Series: Tainted Hearts #5

Author: Lylah James

Publisher: Limitless Publishing LLC
Genre: Dark Mafia Romance/Adult Romantic Suspense
Release Date: June 11, 2019




Blurb

I've lived in the darkness for so long.
No life. No choice.

The Devil owned me, body and soul - but not my heart. It was the only part of me which could never be claimed...

...or so I thought.

Viktor weaved his way into my heart and imprinted on my soul. He made it clear he was there to stay. Even when the darkness blinded us, he never left my side.

What we share was sweet, untamed and wild.
But it was forbidden, dangerous and the outcome would only be painful.

A game is being played. The arena is a bloodbath, and the Game Masters are brutal. In the end, only one will survive.

Only one King will be left standing.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

REVIEW

Goodness gracious, this woman does not play. Well, besides with our emotions, she does do a lot of that and she did it a lot in Viktor's books. I gotta say I survived a couple of heart attacks and many chapters spent in a deep anxiety over knowing the fate of this and that character.

Lylah never fails to amaze me with that plotting brain of hers. Her plots are full proof and filled with all the twists and turns that have my heart doing severe palpitations. She has given me the biggest 'WHAT? NO' 'PLEASE DON'T' 'OH GOD, NO NO NO' moments in all my bookworm history... she always always has a trick up her sleeve and will play it when you least expect it. Expect a lot of all that in this book. Lylah sure loves to make her readers suffer, whether it's leaving us hanging in the middle of an important meeting, whether it's not knowing for like 10 chapters whether a character is dead or not or you know just killing a character out of nowhere and making it a kind of emotional you were not expecting in the middle of all the chaos. Seriously, you will not make it through this book without suffering a little (or a lot if you're like me).

However, not all Lylah's strategies are 'negative' for us... if you've read her you know she gives the good stuff no matter how crazy things might get. Expect a lot of love and heat. Watching Viktor find and fall to his knees for his Mishka is nothing short of amazing. Getting to see him find what he always lusted after (and got jealous over) is out of this world. And just learning every little detail of how it come to be and how Fate played a hand in it all. And let's not forget how you learn secrets and things that tie to some of the other books. The details just freaking get to me. Just God, I applaud you Lylah James, I applaud you so hard! You are brilliant!

If you've read Alession and Ayla's story, you need to read Viktor and Valeries's too okay? You need to see and experience how deep their brotherhood is. Viktor and his Mishka have just as an amazing love story as Alessio and his Angel did - tragic, emotional and heartwrenchingly beautiful. Viktor was freaking brilliant! You get to see him fall, you get to see him weak and hurt and still he comes out on top. Things might not all go exactly to plan, he might get surprised left and right but he always finds a way to make the most of it and turn things back around in his favor. That man, even faced with the hardest choice of his life, managed to surprise us all, come out on top, get the cake and eat it too (well after a couple casualites along the way). You definitely get to experience how complex Viktor his, you get to be inside his brain and learn all his secrets and thoughts and most of see all his viciousness, his vileness for those who have wronged him and the ones he loves. He was so bada**. I digged it so much.

Lylah gave us some bread crumbs on Maddie and Phoenix but they tasted very bitter, specially knowing how long I'm gonna have to wait for their book since Nikolay and Evaline are next and only in 2020. My soul is weeping. The wait will feel like 87 years. But you know I am still excited for them as well, I mean each book is never just about the main characters, it's about all the Tainted Heart characters with surprise chapters in other character's povs (which I freaking love), where you get to see where they are at, both as person and as a couple, and also you get to see how every character plays a part in each other's life. I love that, I really loved to see both Viktor's friendship with the King but specially the Queen... I love the bond he has with Ayla.


The Mafia and his Obsession Part Two was beyond amazing. Lylah's writing continues to astonish me, she keeps getting better and better, her words are just poetic magic. If you're used to Lylah's writing and know what to expect from her others Tainted Heart books, know that more of that is coming your way, more of that times double! And if you're new to her, I will leave you with these parting words: Expect the unexpected.
Excerpt

Viktor bucked upward, his shaft pressing into me, right
where I needed him.  

“You look so fucking beautiful like this,” he muttered thickly. “Flushed, eyes
fluttering closed in pleasure, gasping for your next breath, body shuddering.
Totally and completely lost in your desire.” 

He rubbed against me…oh…so exquisitely slow. So deliciously slow. My lips
parted, a silent moan escaping me. 

“I have seen you happy. Laughing, smiling. I have seen you sad, in tears. I
have seen many sides of you. Your daily expressions. When you wake up. Before
you go to sleep. While sleeping. But this…𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴
is my favorite sight of you, Valerie. When you let go…and let yourself feel the
pure, unadulterated lust. When you let me make you feel things…dirty filthy
things, when you lose that tight control you’ve got.”

Viktor sat up and my eyes closed as his lips found my throat, kissing and
sucking at the sensitive skin there. I was helpless, but I didn’t want to fight
this—not anymore.  

“I have missed seeing you blush like this.” His voice vibrated through my body,
and I started to feel hotter, tighter, my skin itching with 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥.  

He ran his hand up and down my sides before moving to my back. His fingers slid
up my spine, leisurely, so slowly…I started to twitch in his arms, rubbing
harder against him. My pussy clenched, and I swore I felt the sparks throughout
my body. Viktor started to thread his fingers into my hair. He fisted it in his
hand and pulled my head back.  

“Open your eyes,” he whispered harshly.  

The moment I opened my eyes, my gaze landed on his. His dark ones were filled
with heat, and they were intense. I had to blink and look away.  

Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited


Author Bio

Lylah James uses all her spare time to write. If she is not catching up
on sleep, working or writing—she can be found with her nose buried in a good
romance book, preferably with a hot alpha male.



Writing is her passion. The voices in her head won’t stop, and she
believes they deserve to be heard and read. Lylah James writes about drool
worthy and total alpha males, with strong and sweet heroines. She makes her
readers cry—sob their eyes out, swoon, curse, rage, and fall in love. Mostly
known as the Queen of cliffhanger and the #evilauthorwithablacksoul, she likes
to break her readers’ hearts and then mend them again.



Author Links

Comments

Popular Posts