Review: Bad Influence, Charleigh Rose

Title: Bad Influence
Series: Bad Habits
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: June 13, 2019




Allie

When I moved to River’s Edge, dating was the last thing on my mind.
I definitely didn’t expect to fall for him.
Jesse Shepherd. 
Popular. Star athlete. Cocky as hell.
You know the type.
But as time passed, I realized there was more lurking beneath that gorgeous exterior.
Secretive. Angry. A little bit broken.
The more I peeled back his layers, the deeper I fell.
Until I slammed headfirst into his sea of lies.

Jess

I blew my shot.
Pissed everything away—college, lacrosse, my future—only to end up right back where I started in River’s Edge.
I was content to revel in my misery, spending my days drowning in a bottomless pit of booze and girls.
Until I saw her.
Allison Parrish.
Beautiful. Sarcastic. Perpetual bad attitude.
The pretty little distraction from the shit show that was my life.
But the sins of my past were closing in on me, and I learned the hard way that nothing gold can stay.

REVIEW

I literally just finished this baby this morning and I'm still processing this wonderful and addictive story. Jesse was so freaking hot! I love him and I really loved Allie. She was kind of fierce and I just really digged her, I want to be her bff and go to shows together.

These two had a sort of meet cute, even though it technically wasn't the first time they met. Jess is trying to keep one of his sicko hook-ups away from him and so he uses Allie has his fake girlfriend and that's how it all begins. Allie thought she would rarely see him again after that encounter since he's going to college two hours away but a lot happens in Jess's life and suddenly he is back in River's Edge for good. Allie just moved to town too and she now works at Lo's bar - Blackbear - so she's bound to see Jesse a lot especially when he comes over to give Lo a hand and help around.

There is so much to these two I can't even. They both have events in the past they are trying to get through. Allie lost her dad, her bestfriend not even a year ago and she's still very heartbroken especially now that she is back in the town where she spent all her time with him.She fnds herself basically alone in the world because her mother is barely ever there for her but at leaxst she hass a couple of friends in River Edge.
Jesse just lost something important to him and he tests his relationship with his sister over it. He is very complex. He is living a double life and no one knows half of what's going on. The person he shows to the world is a mask, a mask he uses to hide his feelings and his true self. His past messed him up real good and it's still messing with his head even now. He feels unworthy of all good things and that kinda broke my heart. Behind his manwh*re life and all the partying, Jesse is such a good guy and has such a big heart, I love him so much. Allie shows him how good his life could be, she gives him a piece of heaven, a retrieve, a solace and she gives him love. She is one of the only ones who can see the real him and see how the person he puts out in the world isn't really him. 

Allie lets Jesse in, with the pretense that she can fool around with him and lose her V-card without any feelings involved, she gives in. I mean Jesse is the perfect candidate right, he's a manwhore?! At first it's just fooling around here and there, no sex but when her living situation is ruined, she finds herself sleeping at Blackbear until Lo finds her and offers her and Dare's place for her to stay until her grandma's house is available. After she moves in, Jesse decides to move back in too. He's pretty smart let me tell you. Now, under the same roof, it's much easier to hook up and spend time together... and for feelings to grow. These two I swear. I loved getting to know them and see them become much more than the friends with benefits they thought they'd be. And gah Jesse is absolute fire, that man!! 

Bad Influence is an amazing story of love and finding the person who will make you see your worth. Jesse and Allie's story was much more than what I had been expecting. There is angst and there's so much emotion, I loved how these two broken souls found each other and helped each other through the bad stuff in their lives. This couple is GOLD and I will forever love them. And we cannot forget the insane chemistry they had and all the moments that will leave you scorching. Jesse sure knows how to please a woman! Allie lucked out real good (; You can be sure you'll never look at a lollipop the same way, I know I won't, not without remembering these two.



AUTHOR

Charleigh Rose lives in Narnia with her husband and two young children. She’s hopelessly devoted to unconventional love and pizza. When she isn’t reading or mom-ing, she’s writing moody, broody, swoony romance.

Comments

Popular Posts