Release Day Blitz: As Long as you Hate Me, by Carrie Aarons


Title: As Long As You Hate Me
Author: Carrie Aarons
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 3, 2017



Blurb


Kara

High
school sweethearts. What a load of bull.

He might
have been my first love, but it never meant I wanted to hear lyrics containing
my name, love story, and *cringe* how I lost my virginity peddled out for the
masses to digest.

Seven
years later, and I’m still being haunted by his photo in every magazine, his
music on every radio station. I thought breakups meant that you never had to
see the person again. Especially when they ripped out your heart and made
hamburger meat with it.

But when
a chance encounter ends up going viral, I’m tied to him in a way I’ve always dreaded.
And the last person on earth I’d want to spend an hour with, much less a
lifetime, makes me an offer I can’t refuse. I might just be desperate enough to
take it.

Dean

The girl
in the song is real. And she’s made me a rich man.

I’ve
been dedicating choruses to her for a decade, she’s the muse she never wanted
to be. Off of our love, I’ve become famous … and a complete egomaniac.

When
another one of my flings goes off the rails, and lands me in hot water with the
media, my recording label is less than thrilled. And so comes the marching
orders from my agent; devise a scheme to transform into a squeaky clean good
guy.

Coming
face to face with her is something I’ve only dreamed about. If not to win her
back, then to at least apologize for the ways I’ve exploited her. Instead, I
rope her into my madness, proposing a deal only a masochist would accept.


REVIEW 
Rate: 4,8 / 5 stars

Rock star romance? Hmm, yes  please! I love me some rock-stars. I feel like I have loved every single one that I've read.  Emphasis on the feel, because I'm sure that's not true. I just simply cannot think of one right now.
Anyway, rocks-star romances are one of my favorite tropes to read and I was delighted to read this one!

And it was everything I thought it would be! Filled with angst, sexual tension, a little drama (it comes with the life style), so many cute moments & memories, and a lot of LOVE. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!

Dean and Kara had been high school sweethearts but things didn't quite work out as they hoped once Kara went to college and Dean went off to pursue his dream of being a musician. Years later, Dean finds himself being accused of rape, so to fight off all the negative media, he and his publicist come up with the plan. You see everyone has always wanted to know who the girl in his lyrics was, and revealing that information could out weight all the talking about the rape accusation. So the plan was to not only reveal Kara's identity to the world but also have them rekindle their relationship, and faking an engagement. Only neither of them had ever gotten over each other, and there was a lot of anger and resentment towards each other and the way things ended. That sure made their reunion very interesting!

“For me, we were the love story of my life. I will never find what we had with anyone else for as long as I occupy this earth. I’m done being angry at you, irrationally upset because you believed others over me. I’m still in love with you, it’s like I’ve walked around half blind for years because you weren’t by my side. I didn’t want to talk about it until I was sure I wouldn’t spook you, even though I probably still am right now, but everything for me the other night was real. What I said, and especially the way I kissed you. I meant every inch of that kiss. So no, we weren’t just the clichĂ© high school sweethearts, and you know it. It’s about damn time we start admitting that.”

Dean was so damn romantic. It really was a pleasure to read about him and his love for Kara that never wavered. They both were wronged by the media and they - the media and their tricks- really did make a whole mess of their lives. They spent years apart due to a misunderstanding and a case or two of stubbornness. They were both stubborn to a fault. 

“Do you remember the night we came out here on Fourth of July?” My heart drops down to my toes, talk of the past making me run hot and cold. Of course, I remember that night. But I stay silent. “That was the one moment I knew I held the whole world in my hands. Whatever I’ve become, however much money or fame I’ve amassed, I can point to that night as the singular greatest moment of my existence. You should know that. Still, after all of these years, you and me here, it will be the moment I picture as I take my last breath.”

It was so sweet to see them now being the ones to use the media in a way that could benefit them both, and finding a way to work out their past issues and making the most of the present. 

However, once faced with a situation very similar to the one they suffered through all those years before, they make the same exact mistake. The only way things can go different now is if one of them decides to fight for their love. Will they? Or will they let history repeat itself?

Only one way to find out! You know whatcha gotta do (;

"Dean Jacobs, will you always love me?" Kara O'Connor asked me this question at least once a week, as she'd done for the past year and a half. And I always had the same answer. "Until the rivers run dry and the moon goes black."
Purchase Links

99c for release day ONLY

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited
Author Bio


Author of romance
novels such as Red Card and All the Frogs in Manhattan, Carrie Aarons writes
sexy, swoon-worthy, sarcastic characters who won't get out of her head until
she puts them down on a page.




Carrie has wanted to be an author since the first time she opened a book, and
can't imagine a better or more maddening profession.




A lover of good manicures, Riesling and the beach, she enjoys chasing her puppy
through the dog parks of New Jersey, or trying to make her husband binge watch
the latest Netflix craze.
Author Links

Comments

Popular Posts