Review: Hooking Up, Helena Hunting

Title: Hooking Up
Author: Helena Hunting
Publication Date: November 7, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

BLURB
Amalie Whitfield is the picture of a blushing bride during her wedding reception–but for all the wrong reasons. Instead of proclaiming his undying love, her husband can be heard, by Amalie and their guests, getting off with someone else. She has every reason to freak out, and in a moment of insanity, she throws herself at the first hot-blooded male she sees. But he’s not interested in becoming her revenge screw.

Mortified and desperate to escape the post-wedding drama, Amalie decides to go on her honeymoon alone, only to find the man who rejected her also heading to the same tiny island for work. But this time he isn’t holding back. She should know better than to sleep with someone she knows, but she can’t seem to resist him.

They might agree that what happens on the island should stay on the island, but neither one can deny that their attraction is more than just physical. 


REVIEW

Rate:  4,5 / 5 stars

Ahh, was I excited to read this? Heck yeah! Was I expecting to fall in love with Lex? I already had in the little we got to see of him in 'Eye Candy', but I seriously loved him so much.

Everyone was really pissing me off when they 'hated' on him, my poor man deserved better. Bane really grated on my nerves every time he doubted Lex, and God knows how much I love Bane but darn it, he made me mad sometimes, he's your brother, not your fu**ing cousin, Bane.

And can we talk about this cousin? My god, I don't think I've ever felt such a hatred for a guy like this. I hated Armstrong with all my being. Why? Why was he such a damn a**hole? Ugh! I'm glad he was though, because otherwise there would be no Hottie Hook Up and that would've been a damn shame. But everything that came after the whole wedding blow up was unnecessary on his part, and it just showed how much of a scumbag he was.

I have a woman with a shattered heart at my side. A causality of Armstrong’s endless need to screw with me. I missed my chance before, but maybe now I can be part of what helps put her back together.

Fate. Do you believe in fate? Because I do, and these two, these two had been written in the stars. All the coincidences were too damn much just to be coincidences and god I loved them all. Going to the same place? On the same flight? Right next to each other? Yas!! I loved that they were thrown together everywhere they went, and that despite Amie's embarrassment she let Lex be there for her.


“You ready to be fucked?” Her cheeks flush, and then her lip curls up at the corner. “Are you?” “Fuck yeah.” I lace my hands behind my head and lean back against the pillows. “Have at it, baby.” She snorts. “Could you be any more cocky?” “I don’t know, you’re the one who’s full of mine, you tell me.” “You should shut up and just lie there and look good so you don’t ruin this for me.” I’m about to give her some of that sass back, but she clamps a hand over my mouth. She leans in close, until her nipples brush my chest. “Shh. The only thing you should be doing with that mouth is kissing me.”


He helped bring Anarchy Amie back, to play and stay, and gave her a truck load of new experiences. I loved those honeymoon weeks! Just watching their relationship evolve and watching them fall in love, even if they both didn't realize it. It was perfect. Until, they had to go back to reality and face A-hole Armstrong again. Not once did he make it easier for either of them, but love trumps hate. Did Armstrong get what he deserved? Not in my opinion, he deserved way worse. However, Lex and Amie did and it was perfect!


How are you planning on loving me?” “Like you’re my forever.” And she is. No matter what that forever looks like, Amie’s mine, and I’m hers.

This book was everything, from funny to maddening, romantic to very very steamy. I loved it! Helena knows just how to create that perfect story, and I cannot wait for whatever else she has planned inside this world. I want these characters to exist forever, so keep 'em coming!

 I really enjoyed this like any other Helena Hunting book I've read, but I have to be honest, I did not enjoy it as much as I did 'Shacking Up', even though I did love Lex to pieces and I've been rooting for Lex and Amalie since reading Bane and Ruby's book. I guess those two just didn't let anyone steal the piece of my heart they own (;

Order at: Amazon UK | Amazon US

Comments

Popular Posts