Release Day Blitz: Damaged, Willow Winters




Title: Damaged
Author: Willow Winters
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: November 14, 2017

Blurb

I married the bad boy from Brooklyn.
The one with the tattoos and the look in his eyes that told me he was bad news.
The look that comes with all sorts of warnings.
I knew what I was doing.
I knew by the way he put his hands on me; how he owned me with his forceful touch.
I couldn’t say no to him, not that I wanted to. That was then, and it seems like forever ago.
Years later, I’ve grown up and moved on. But he’s still the man I married. Dangerous in ways I don’t like to think about. Sexy as sin, he attracts all the wrong kinds of temptations.
The kind that lands a couple like us in the gossip columns.
The kind that’s unforgivable.
The kind that splits up marriages.
I did this to myself. I knew better than to love him.
And now I’m fucked.
I married the bad boy from Brooklyn. And I don’t know how to survive this.
ADD TO GOODREADS

Review
Damaged is my first ever Willow Winters book, and I'll be honest I was a bit scared because I have this idea that she mostly writes Dark Romances and I don't enjoy those much. So yeah, I was afraid I wasn't going to enjoy this but I also really wanted to read something of hers and what better way than to start with the Sin & Secrets Series?! Well, I'm a bit late though because the first duet is already out, however I'll only be reading that after Scarred comes out.

The past holds me captive, 
I just want to forget. 
But I’ll settle and forgive, 
I still love you, 
and yet. 
I can’t help but to feel torn apart, 
When you promise me no more lies.
 Make sure you cross your heart,
 Make sure you hope to die.

Going into the book...I enjoyed the poetry, some of the poems were beautiful, others not so much but it was a nice touch. 

“I hate you right now.” The words slip out in a breath and he visibly flinches. “You’re angry, and you have every right to be.” “Angry doesn’t cut it!” I scream, my throat feeling raw as the salty tears burn my eyes. “I loved you. I would have done anything for you!” I grit the words through my clenched teeth and try to grip the chair as I stand on shaky legs. “I loved you so much. And this is how you treated our marriage. With lies and secrets and all this shit I don’t even know about.”

The characters totally reeled me in with their sins and secrets and made me desire to learn them. I felt so much for both of the characters, their pain was so real and clear. This was so angsty and I don't even know why but I enjoyed it a lot and I cannot wait to see how these two come out of their damaged marriage in Scarred. I'm rooting for them and I hope Evan will not give up on fighting for his wife.

“Things have gotten rough, but I never stopped loving you.” His words are raw, coming from a damaged man. “You’re the only thing that matters.”

Despite the fact that he has royally f*cked up his marriage and his past is hecky, I really liked Evan and I hope he can salvage his marriage and work everything out with the rest of what's happening in his life. But while what is happening is mostly his fault, not all the blame falls on him, there's so much Kat could have done better too and if there's hope for these two, they both need to implement major changes in their lives and in the way they communicate with each other.

I want to pay for my sins and chase what truly matters to me.
 A love I took for granted. 

A love I don’t know if I can salvage.

 Purchase Links



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS


Author Bio


Willow Winters is so happy to be a USA Today, Wall Street Journal and #1 Contemporary Bestselling Romance Author. She likes her action hot and her bad boys hotter. She certainly doesn’t hold back on either one in her writing!



Willow started writing after having her little girl, Evie, December 2015. All during her pregnancy with Evie she continued to read and she only wanted to read romance. She was reading a book a day — sometimes two.



In January 2016 Willow was staying up late with Evie and just thinking of all these stories. They came to her constantly so she finally sat down and just started writing. She always wanted to do it so she figured, why not? Today Willow cannot be happier for making that decision!

Comments

Popular Posts