Review: Always Red by Isabelle Ronin

Title: Always Red
Series: Red #2
Author: Isabelle Ronin
Publication Date: November 7, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult


THE RIVETING CONCLUSION TO RED AND CALEB'S EPIC STORY

Veronica "Red" Strafford's painful past has made trusting Caleb Lockhart difficult. But Red might have pushed Caleb away one too many times...

I want you to fight for me. Just as I fought for you. But you wouldn't.
I stood there, staring after him, tears pouring down my face.



REVIEW:

I don't know if I enjoyed this as much as I did the first one. I seriously don't. I mean, I did love Red and Caleb as much if not more than before. They were just so cute and sweet, it was almost sickening. Seriously, I highlighted a lot of their really sweet and romantic moments.

Red managed to win back Caleb rather quickly, almost with no effort but that boy was Gaga over her, there was no way he would have stayed away from her at all. Their relationship was way stronger than before and they worked through their issue one at a time and that was nice to see that they were willing to work through everything as trial and error, what mattered was that they were together.

“Everyone has fears they keep tightly locked inside themselves.” He turned to look at me now, searching my face. “But that doesn’t make you weak. We judge ourselves too easily when we do something wrong, but you know what’s the most important thing?” I shook my head, and he gave me a soft smile. “It is how you get up after you’ve fallen. How you fix things and how you still find the courage to keep fighting, even after you have been hurt. How you face the wrong things you have done and make them right again. Yes?”

I swear to God Caleb is like the ultimate perfect boyfriend. He is so incredibly sweet with Red, so damn romantic. I swooned so hard so many times, even though some seemed excessive even. Still, they were perfect. 

“Red,” he whispered. “Do you know how I felt when you left me?” I lifted my head and looked into his eyes. The emotion I saw in them—the intensity and the tenderness—filled my throat. “I felt ruined. You ruined me. There is anger, but every time I see you, my anger fades away. And there is pain, but what is love without pain? Because, Red, every time you break me apart, you put me back together. And I always come out better than before. So.” He cupped my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. “Ruin me.”

“From the moment I saw you, you captured me. Body, mind, and soul. Take everything from me. It’s all yours.” “Caleb.” “If I’m to choose my cage,” he said, his voice thick with emotion, “I choose you. I’m a willing prisoner sentenced with a lifetime of loving you.”

I'd marry him.

“I got you lilacs because of what they represent,” he murmured in my ear. I shivered when I felt the warmth of his breath. “What do they mean?” “First love.” I felt my heart stutter. “You’re my first love, Red. And my last.”

However, I think parts of their relationship developed too fast, I wasn't expecting it at least. But it was them and Caleb literally couldn't wait to have her in every way he could.

The drama, well what can I say? Things escalated pretty quickly. I'd seen it coming since the first book. I was already expecting there to be more of it, but not quite as it went. Once again, the whole drama, crazy b*tches ruined it a bit for me. I think it might have been too much. 

On a positive note, Red finally caved. I would have too, with a guy like that, not just freaking sexy but so damn romantic too.

“Do you know what I think about?” he asked. His big, warm hands moved down to caress my thighs, squeezing them possessively. “Tell me,” I gasped, unable to stop myself from arching into his touch. “I think of your taste…in my mouth,” he rasped. “I think about what you’ll look like when I suck you. Lick you. Eat you up.”

“Red,” he said softly, opening his eyes and lightly brushing my inner thighs with his thumbs as he pressed a soft kiss to my lips. “Let me worship you.” “Yes,” I murmured against his lips. “Yes, Caleb.” His tongue traced the seam of my lips, coaxing me to open them. He pulled my bottom lip between his, tugging and sucking gently.

God, there are so many moments that I highlighted and want to share. I would literally share the whole book lol. And that ending, that ending was perfect. I had already figured it out on the first book, it was kind of obvious, but it really was the perfect way to end the book and their story. 

Now I'm just dying to find out what happened to Cameron and Kara. I will impatiently wait for that book! I need it, stat.

Rate: 4 / 5 stars

Links: Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US





Comments

Popular Posts