Release Day Blitz: Breakaway, Heather M. Orgeron




Title: Breakaway: A friends to lovers romance
Author: Heather M. Orgeron
Genre: NA/Friends-to-Lovers
Release Date: November 9, 2017

Blurb

I fell in love with my best friend but he didn't love me

back.

Sounds like a cheesy line from a country song, right? Too

bad it's the story of my life.
I thought that I’d moved on, swore he was the one.

But that facade began to fade in the flash of a half-carat

diamond ring.

Now years later, here I am, running back to the boy who broke

my adolescent heart, hoping that just maybe, he’ll be the one to piece it back
together.
.... 


I fell in love with my best friend while she fell in love

with him.

Ironically, it was my own damn fault. I practically served

her up on a silver platter.

So I turned to my second love, basketball, moving across the

country to escape.

For years, I’ve been sitting on the sidelines watching,

waiting.

Now it's time to make my move.
No more fouling out.
This time, I'm going to score.
ADD TO GOODREADS

Review
I love love love friends-to-lovers romances. Don't ask me why, I have no idea I just really really do love them! So I'm always so damn excited to start one. This was my first Heather Orgeron book but might not be my last because I really enjoyed it!!

First, I couldn't put it down, seriously, I read it in one sitting. The chapters read so easy, and I just kept reading and reading waiting for the two idiots to get the guts to just be honest with each other and stop with the games. In the beginning it was frustrating to read them being so careless with each other's feelings, trying to make each other jealous, why not just be honest? Ugh! But it was also fun, for me as a reader, because I love when books have that power over me, to make me feel so much for the characters, even though at the moment I'm reading it I hate feeling that frustration. After finishing the book, I know that that's part of the whole experience and why I enjoyed it so much.

“But why, Colt? Why do you date these idiots? You can do so much better than a brainless pair of tits.” “I have better.” She shook her head. “No. Noooo, Colton. That girl is not better. She could be the worst of them all.” Perched on the commode with my head in my hands, I uttered the most honest words I’d said to my best friend in a very long time. “I don’t mean her...” Allie’s face screwed up in confusion. “Huh? You lost me, buddy.” I ran my hands through my hair and raised my eyes to meet hers. “I have you for all of that, Al.”

“We only have a few minutes alone here, so I’ll make this quick. That boy has been in love with you his entire life, Alexis Mack, and the fact that you’re here and not wearing that frat boy’s ring suggests to me that you feel the same. Am I right?” My eyes widened. “Well, I...It’s not that. Colt is,” I sputtered. “Exactly. I can help you get Fowls...if that’s what you want. So, Miss Alex, the question is...do you want Colton Fowler?” Did I want Colton Fowler? More than anything else in this world. Could I admit that to this guy that I’d only just met? I guess I didn’t have much choice. I bobbed my head up and down slowly. “More than anything,” I whispered.

So yeah, Allie and Colt really pulled me into their love story and it was an adventure, one which I loved dearly! They've been best friends since practically the day they were born, since their parents are best friends and they have had feelings for one another since they were at least 13. They went through years and years of seeing the other in flings and relationships, always yearning for the other but never courageous enough to be honest and share their true feelings. So when Allie is faced with taking next step in her relationship, she needs to know once and for all if Col loves her too (in the none platonic way) or if she should give up on that fantasy. Games are played, drama comes and goes, and old flings do some damage, how will Colt and Allie come out of it, still friends, finally
lovers, or with their life friendship ruined?

“Darlin’ I’ve lived a long life. Take it from a woman who’s been in your shoes. Marry the one you’re running toward...not the one you’re running from.” Her words struck a chord because I knew that she was right. I’d loved Colton for all of my life; I just never knew what to do about it.

If you want to know what happens to these two, pick up this book and find out! If you're like me and friends to lovers is one of your favorite tropes then you really have to pick this one up! It's angsy, frustrating and so damn good and sweet.

Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars
Purchase Links

99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited
Author Bio
Heather M. Orgeron is a Cajun girl with a big heart and a passion for romance. She married her high school sweetheart two months after graduation and her life has been a fairytale ever since. She’s the queen of her castle, reigning over five sons and one bossy little princess who has made it her mission in life to steal her Momma’s throne. When she’s not writing, you will find her hidden beneath mounds of laundry and piles of dirty dishes or locked in her tower(aka the bathroom) soaking in the tub with a good book. She’s always been an avid reader and has recently discovered a love for cultivating romantic stories of her own.

Author Links

Comments

Popular Posts