Review: Suddenly Forbidden, Ella Fields



Title: Suddenly Forbidden

Genre: New Adult Romance

Author: Ella Fields

Release Date: January 24, 2018



BLURB

I thought he'd always be mine,

even when I was forced to say goodbye. 



We were never meant to let go, 
but it happened anyway. 
Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter.



Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be. 
I'd kept my promise.
He'd forgotten all about his. 
Not only had he moved on, but the person he'd moved on with was my best friend, leaving me to begin college with a broken heart.



I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some other guy stepped in, repaired my shattered pieces, and made me smile again. 



This isn't that kind of story. 



My heart might have been broken, 
but it refused to fall out of love.



WARNING: this book contains cheating.
REVIEW

This book, holy shit! I knew I was in for a treat from reading that blurb but oh my god, oh my god you guys. It was pure angst, so good! I freaking loved this book! FACT: I cried 3 times, THREE TIMES before I hit the 25% mark! Jesus, it was so heartbreaking to read at times, I loved it.

This is my kind of book and I'm so happy to have found a new author which I loved. Suddenly Forbidden is going in my 2018 favorites list and I'm dying to get a paperback as soon as they become available. That's how much I loved this book! And that cover, I'm still in love with it!

 “You’re not scared?” she whispered into my skin. Holding her ass, I turned and sat down on the bale again with her in my lap. “Scared of what?” She unstuck her head, her glasses falling askew. I righted them as she mumbled out, “That if you decide you don’t like dating me, we won’t be friends anymore.” “I’m not scared. You and me … like the moon and the stars, we’re permanent.” Her breath stuttered out of her. “You’re a real smooth talker, booger breath.”

Seriously, I loved everything about this book except the cheating and even then, I didn't mind it much. It feels wrong to say that but god I had been so invested in Daisy and Quinn getting back together that I didn't even care that he was an asshole and cheated on his girlfriend. I won't say she deserved to be cheated on, but she did deserve a huge bitch slap, a lot of the blame fell on her shoulders and she did retaliate and it wasn't pretty. 

I didn't feel bad for her for even a second, she was a real asshole. What she did was so wrong.. I had a similar situation happen to me and it's so heartbreaking. I think that's why Daisy's heartbreak hit me so hard and pulled on my heartstrings so much, because deep down I was feeling it with her.

If you don't like cheating, be aware that there is cheating in this book, even though it's only once and by the end of the book. However, don't let that stop you from reading this book though, please! This book is so good, so raw, so heartbreaking-ly beautiful. It deserves a chance.


“You smell and taste like my heart,” he whispered to the underside of my chin, pressing lazy kisses. “And you feel like fucking heaven.” My arms squeezed him tight, a tear leaking out of my eye. “I don’t know if I could handle losing you again,” was all I could muster in response.

Daisy and Quinn's love story is one that will resonate with you after reading this book. It's so sweet and real, with so much heartbreak and angst that it will have you bawling your eyes out whenever they are hurting and smiling at the sweet moments they spend together.

I think it's safe to say I was hooked on these two from the start. Their childhood friendship turned to love and then huge heartbreak will have you on the hedge of your seat to find out what really happened after they were separated. And then, then you'll be waiting and crying while doing so, seeing them reconnecting as friends and hoping to god they find a way to be together again, because you know, you read, you see that these too never stopped loving one another, not even for a second.

I cannot get over how much this book made me feel. You're literally put through the wringer along with the characters and if that isn't talent I don't know what it is. I live for books like this one, and finding out authors who can write this beautifully and have that power over my emotions and heart with just their words. Those are the best kind of authors there are, and you can bet your ass that I'll be reading more Ella Fields in the near future. This book, her words blew my mind, broke my heart and then put the pieces back together. I would definitely pick up this book if I were you.

“Sometimes, I come down here just to remember where we began. To remember that we happened.” My voice was a whisper. “You don’t know how good it feels to see it, to know it did.” “I’m gonna marry you someday, Daisy June.” My chest caved in at those words. “Shit, don’t cry.” He grabbed my chin, brushing his lips over my cheek. “No, it’s … they’re happy tears.” I sniffed, not realizing they’d escaped. “Does your offer still stand?” “It was never an offer. It was a statement. A feeling I had in my gut.” “Really?” “Yeah. How you can simply look at something or someone and just see it. Feel it.” “What?” I asked. “You. Us. Years from now. Always.” “Yes.” My heart was buzzing in my ears. He hummed, holding me tighter. “When you see it, what are we doing?” “We’re right here. On this farm.” “You’re painting on the porch, and I’m working out in the fields, trying to catch just the tiniest glimpse of you.” Sniffling, I choked out, “Yes, all of that. Yes.” “What else do you see?” I shyly admitted, “A little girl with sandy blond hair, following you around.” “A little boy, too,” he said. “Sneaking into your art supplies and painting the walls whenever our backs are turned.” The image we’d created felt so real, so beautiful, so right, that a sob escaped me. “I want it so bad. I always have.” “Well, time for us to wake up. Because we’re gonna have it.”


Rate: 6/5 stars


PURCHASE LINKS

Get it while it's still only $0,99!!!


About Ella Fields

Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters and books to her two cats. She’s a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.

Comments

Popular Posts