Review: Baby Mine, Kennedy Fox


I saw her first.

Blonde. Gorgeous. Feisty.

I was smitten. 




But it didn’t matter because she chose him and
he was my best friend and roommate. I’d never be able to compete with that, so
I pushed her away instead. It was easy when she lived hours away, and I didn’t
have to see her every day, but then she moved in with us. 


Now, I’m screwed.



To her singing in the shower every morning,
dancing in the kitchen while she makes coffee, and doing yoga in our living
room, I can’t stop thinking about her in all the wrong ways. She’s not mine and
never will be, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to push her against a wall
and claim her mouth.




She’s constantly on me for making messes,
bringing chicks home every weekend, and being a smartass when their PDA gets on
my nerves. Considering neither of them know how I feel, it’s not fair for the
way I act toward them. I should move out so I can get over her for good;
however, the selfish part of me can’t let go. 




But then the unthinkable happens... 

When my best friend dies in a motorcycle
accident, the two of us are left to grieve our loss together. Instead of
pushing her away, I pull her closer. 




Just as we come to terms with our new reality,
she finds out she’s pregnant with his baby. 


And I’m left to make the hardest decision of my
life... 

AVAILABLE NOW

Amazon US | Amazon International

Review
I still haven't gotten my sh*t together to write this so please bare with me. I have no words. Y'all must know by know I'm an angst wh*re, well this book got my heart going or more like the opposite... it almost killed it. My heart could barely take all the angst and the unrequited feelings and Hunter's suffering (my poor baby) and then his best friend's death and how he sacrificed his feelings for Lennon... my god I am almost dead...

I fell a little in love with Hunter while reading Forever Mine. He was super fun and I loved his relationship with Hayden but back then you could already see that the situation he was in was the worse. But in Baby Mine you get to live it alongside him and my heart hurt so bad for him. Being in love with best friend's girl, getting to see and hear them together everyday, thinking he didn't deserve her... (I'm listening to the playlist while I write this and When I Look At You just came on and I'm about to cry)... it was pretty hard. But god you get to see how much of a good guy he actually is and guys he is the best, even when he does everything to annoy and rile Lennon up. This guy completely won me over in a blink. He deserves everything good in the world. I want to give him a huge bear hug.

I can't and don't want to give spoilers so I'm being super vague and can't go into details besides what's already given in the blurb. Just know that while this book is super ansgty and you'll feel it all as Hunter and Lennon are feeling, it is a beautiful story about loss, grief, love and sacrifice. Kennedy Fox might have almost killed us with this first part of the duet but they gave us two wonderful characters that will stay with us forever and I have no doubt their story will be worth all the pain. These two will get their HEA and I am waiting for it. I want Hunter to be the happiest guy in the world, okay? He deserves it. And I hope everything works out for Lennon too, she deserves a break from the world.

I don't know how they do it but with each book, I love their writing more and more. I feel like this duet will be one of my favorite things they have ever written. I can totally feel it, I mean book 1 was WOW. That last chapter was like 3 blows right after the other, I hadn't even grasped the first one and I was already being hit with the second and then the third. I wasn't ready for it to end, not even close. So I'll be here dying until book 2 hits my kindle and I get answers and to see Hunter & Lennon get their much deserved HEA.

Book 2 in the Hunter & Lennon Duet Synopsis coming soon! 



PREORDER NOW






Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You've Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren't bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that'll make you blush and your heart melt. If you enjoy romance stories with sexy, tattooed alpha males and smart, independent women, then a Kennedy Fox book is for you! 


Keep up with all their social media platforms for
updates & info!

Comments

Popular Posts