'Bad Reputation' Review



Title: Bad Reputation
Series: Bad Boys of Sports #1
Author: Nicole Edwards
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports Romance


So this time I did things I little different, I decided to try something new, I wrote my thoughts on the book as I was reading it and not after I finished the whole thing. This is how it went, every time I read a bit I wrote my thoughts on it, not necessarily right after (I started this book right after I finished Drunk Dial, in the early a.m. and when I put it down I went right off to sleep), so I just wrote before I picked it up again. 

Ok, right off the bat you get to know the main characters in the book and their background together. And you get the feel what the book is gonna be about. Of course you'd already know from reading the blurb, duuh! Spoiler alert: it's one of my favorites, best friends to lovers!!
My feeling so far are: Chase is an actual nice guy pretending to be a huge jerk and womanizer but in reality he isn't, at least not as much as he makes himself to be. Cassie is getting on my nerves, I don't really like her so far, she's Chase's best friend but the way she talks about him and just doesn't know the real REAL Chase doesn't sit right with me! I get that he's been her only bff for YEARS and she hasn't let herself think about him as an actual  male but they way she talks or just thinks about him sometimes, I seriously don't like it. She seems to be starting to think about it, since everyone can see that if they aren't in a romantic relationship yet, they will be someday and their not afraid to be vocal about it. Also, even though she's just not picturing the guy naked in the same room as her,  you can tell every time she mentions him with girls, she's jealous, it's not obvious to anyone but us readers. I'm curious how their relationship will develop into more than friendship, I have a feeling it will be on their trip to Vegas and things are about to get real hot!! (I left off at 33%.)
 Guess what I was totally right! Things got steamy in Vegas, but not only steamy, mistakes were made and things really went to shit for some of the characters. I won't got into great detail because I feel like I already did say to much and to those of you who don't like any type of spoilers might already be pissed at me for that. A lot happens in Vegas and after Vegas, things get complicated, relationship wise and among other things. Cassie managed to keep getting on my nerves throughout the rest of the book. I seriously disliked her sometimes. I just don't how she could be Chase's best friend and think so poorly of him sometimes, specially since he was the sweetest guy towards her, seriously he was perfect. She was the only one who couldn't see it or believe it and it just pissed me off. I felt really protective of Chase, he was such a good guy and Cassie was hurting him and that was not okay! I get that Cassie had all sorts of Mommy issues but that doesn't make it ok for her to hurt my baby Sin.
Anyway gotten that out of the way and my chest, this is a fast passed read, it's funny sometimes, sometimes sad or frustrating and the sexual scenes are HOT. I mean that, Chase and Cassie had years YEARS of sexual tension to release and boy did they!


Rate: 3,5 / 5 stars


Blurb: 
Chase: With a nickname like “Sin,” it’s no wonder they call me the bad boy of hockey. Opponents curse me. Fans scream my name—in the arena and in other, much more private places. Penalties or not, I’m not afraid to dish out a little pain. But pleasure? That’s my weakness. And no one knows it better than my best friend, Cassie Desrosiers. I’d have to be blind not to notice her rocking body and teasing grin. So when she invites me along on a trip to Vegas, my curiosity isn’t the only thing that’s aroused.

Cassie: Chase Barrett is a world-class A-hole. As his best friend, I’m allowed to call him on his BS. Who else is going to do it? Certainly not the puck bunnies swooning at every flex of his biceps. Everyone knows that Chase is the love-’em-and-leave-’em type. There’s no such thing as commitment for the king of casual hookups. So why should I care? Maybe because all work and no play makes me a sexually frustrated girl. It’s time to put the hockey stud at my beck and call to good use . . . but after a week in Vegas with Chase, I might never want to go back to the real world.



Arc kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley

Comments

Popular Posts