Review of The Real Thing by Melissa Foster


Title: The Real Thing 
Series: Sugar Lake
Author: Melissa Foster
Publication: September 5, 2017
Genre: Romance, General Fiction (Adult)


Rating: 4,5 / 5 stars

This was my first book by Melissa Foster and I think I fell in love with her writing. The book was sweet all over, beginning through end and it had actually nothing to do with Willow's sweets. 
I quickly fell in love with Zane and Willow, they were the cutest together and the love they shared was so strong, it was beautiful to read. Their journey was an amazing one, even with those 10 years spent with their feelings towards one another and that night buried. That time 'apart' made the way they came together again even more perfect, it was a true joy to read. It was just really so sweet, I was swooning throughout almost the whole book with how cheesy and dreamy Zane was with Willow.


Here are some of my favorite Zane moments...

'I'm about as imperfect as they come, but my love for you is real.

Not true, he is as close to perfect as it gets. The perfect book boyfriend.

With a finger beneath her chin, he lifted her eyes to his. "You're the sweetest thing". "I'm your sweetest thing."

Seriously, they're the absolute cutest. The sweetest thing together.

His arms pushed beneath her cradling her body against his, until even air couldn't fit between them. Their mouths came together as they began to move, and he kissed her so deeply, so lovingly, years of pent-up emotions came rushing forward. 

SWOON. They share the sweetest moments, even when they are dirty and playful, you can see what they're sharing is much more than their bodies.

Seriously, I had no expectations going into this book and it ended up surprising me in the most wonderful way. I really enjoyed this read and I absolutely recommend to any and every Romance lover out there.
Also, I'm excited to see what happens with each and every one of Willow's siblings because yes, I'm so reading each and every one of their books!!




Blurb: Bakery owner Willow Dalton’s friendship with Zane Walker has always been a bit complicated. Now a scrumptiously hot A-list actor, Zane’s always had a reputation as a player. He’s arrogant, and he’s definitely not boyfriend material. Sure, he did Willow a favor by agreeing to take her virginity before college, but is that reason enough for her to go along with a fake engagement a decade later—even if it comes with a real diamond ring?

Zane should have known better. Nothing involving Willow has ever been easy. Still, he knows her better than anyone, and becoming America’s hottest new leading man means cleaning up his reputation. An “engagement” to curvy, sass-mouthed Willow is the perfect PR move…provided no one gets hurt.
Now Zane and Willow’s little white lie has turned into an irresistible recipe for sweet temptation. And soon no one will be able to tell the difference between their fake engagement and the real thing—including them.


Arc generously provided by 


















Comments

  1. Ah!! This book looks lovely. I'm adding it to my TBR right now 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I think you'll really enjoy it. It was really good and sweet. Let me know what you think after you read it xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts