Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward Review

Title: Drunk Dial
Author: Penelope Ward
Publication Date: August 21, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

This was so good! I was hooked from the very first page and the book kept on surprising me at every turn. I quickly fell in love with Rana, Landon and Lilith, that girl is a really sassy princess. I loved every second of every interaction between Landon and Rana. 

Rana and Landon had been best friends when Rana and her family lived at Landon's parents' garage. Rana's parents suddenly decided to move and neither of them had the chance to say goodbye. The book begins with a drunk dial Rana makes to Landon after 13 years of no contact because she just can't get him out of her mind, even after all those years and she just wants to set him straight. She never would have thought he'd call her back but he does, and slowly and it is slowly they start developing a relationship, a long distance relationship. Every moment between them is perfect. I swear I'm sitting down writing this and I just want to pick up the book again and re-read it! It was that good! 

Both Landon and Rana are hiding huge secrets from each other, secrets that they're scared will rock their foundation. And once those secrets are confessed they both have a lot of thinking and forgiving to do. But their love is stronger than any secret and reading and witnessing their deep connection was an experience! I enjoyed this book so so much. 

Despite their relationship being a sort of slow burn one, the story was very fast paced and you are seriously on your toes to see what happens next and to find out what they are both hiding, because seriously you do not know anything about anything until the moment they come out with it. I did not want to put the book down since I started it and that's the best kind of feeling while reading a book.

I 100% adored this book and I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on a physical copy so I can re-read it! I recommend this to anyone who loves Penelope, Contemporary or just any kind of Romance, this book is for you and you need to pick it up ASAP. This seriously became one of my favorite Penelope books right from the very first chapters.

Drunk Dial will make you swoon, laugh, cry (both from laughter and not) and overall just fall in love with everything to do with these characters and their love story.

Rate: 5 / 5 stars


Blurb: It seemed like a good idea at the time. Look up Landon Roderick, that boy from childhood whom I’d never been able to forget—even though he so easily forgot about me—and call him. 


Then again, anything sounds like a good idea when you’ve had a little too much wine before bed, right? It was supposed to be just a quick, meaningless, prank call. Instead, I went off on him—unloading thirteen years of pent-up emotions. 



I didn’t think he’d call me back. 



I certainly could never have anticipated the weeks of sexually tense phone conversations that followed as I got to know the man he’d become. 

Turned out, Landon had never really forgotten me, either. That special connection we had was still there. I opened up to him, but there were also things about me he didn’t know. And he had his own secrets. 

Over the countless hours we talked on the phone, I wondered what would happen if we actually saw each other. One night, I did something impulsive again. Only this time, I went to the airport and booked a ticket to California. We were about to find out if one phone call could bring two lost souls together or if my drunk dial really was all just a big mistake.

Comments

Popular Posts