Review: Fearless King, Maya Hughes




Title: Fearless King

Author: Maya Hughes

Genre: New Adult Romance

Cover Design: Najla Qamber, Qamber Designs

Release Date: May 30, 2019

BLURB

My first crush. My first heartbreak. My brother’s best friend.

The butterflies in my stomach turned into full blown eagles the second our lips touched. A kiss under the stars that changed our relationship forever.

After a lifetime of wishing, I stared up into Ford’s eyes with his fingers caressing my cheek and my heart racing.

The evening ended with my heart bleeding on the ballroom floor.

He destroyed my heart two years ago...but now he wants back in my life.

This time I won’t fall under his spell. I’ll resist his sexy, scruffy beard, and panty-melting smirk.

I thought I was over him. Hell, I fully planned to wave to him through my rearview mirror...but with one text, in the middle of the night, I know I'm in over my head.


Ford: I need you.


The Fearless King short, The Wedding Kiss is complete! Read it today: http://bit.ly/WeddingKiss4

REVIEW

I am deceased. Ford is here, I repeat Ford is here. It's been a long, anticipated wait to get this guy's story and I am so beyond excited it's finally here. And y'all, it's better than anything I could have hoped for - full of angsty goodness, relationships on the line, secret dates, touches and looks at all the other kings and... wait for it....
the freaking Fulton U as well! I screamed when the characters were mentioned. Gah, I just love that there was a semi crossover; this book gaves us a little insight to the upcoming books in the Fulton U series and gah I cannot wait. And of course, it gives a lot of Colton since this is his sister's book as well as his bestfriends'. Boy, I love all the Kings but Colton was a REAL jerk and even though I get where he is coming from (he has a lot going on), Liv deserved better from her brother. But despite him being a complete jerk in this book, I cannot wait to get his story and get inside his head to understand him better and see all the dark and twisted things going on there.

Now getting back to Ford and Liv, my goodness! The Wedding chapter had me so excited and then it kind of broke my heart. These two have a history, a whole bunch of feelings and a complicated relationship. Ford has kept his distance from Liv after their kiss at the wedding, mostly because of Colton and his own brother Gram, who also happens to  be very much into Liv. It's a mess of unrequited feelings (on some parts) and this little triangle makes everything more complicated and more angsty. Ford has done some questionable things but he did not do them on purpose nor with malicious intent, he just so happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and then sh*t happens. He was struggling a lot with guilt over those things and then add on his feelings for Liv and how much he wanted to finally cave and be with her... he was a mess over that guilt and how much Colton would be pissed and disappointed with him. And then there was also Grant who I kind of didn't like, specially when he blamed Ford for always being number one... like it's not his fault, those things can't really be controled.. ugh that convo between them just made me feel some type of way and I kind of wanted to hate him a little but then he came to his senses and was a good brother and it was all good.

Colton was the opposite though... he was living far way but he was still so controlling over Liv and Ford too.. he just can't let go of the past and see that his sister is not happy and that her dreams aren't the same she had when she was 11. It kind of broke my heart that he couldn't get over himself and just let her be happy.. that's another reason I'm dying for his book. I hope he works out everything between him, Liv and Ford. I do hope he redeems himself for how he acted in this book and I just love a book with a redemption so I'll be here waiting for it.

Fearless King was another amazing book in this EPIC sports romance series. I have loved every single one of the Kings! The stories keep getting better and better just like Maya's writing. I love that we never really have to say goodbye to any of the couples because we get to see them all on the next book and see how they are doing. It's pretty amazing, I love this gang so much. I'll be so sad to have to let them all go on the next book, I don't even want to think about it. Anyway if you love a sports/college romance, ansgt goodness, a brother's bestfriend romance you need to pick this one up.

Author Bio

Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.

I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.



Author Links




Comments

Popular Posts