Review: The Best Kind of Mistake, Jasmine Miller



Title: The Best Kind Of Mistake
Series: The Best Kind Novella #1
Author: Jasmin Miller
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: May 2nd, 2019


BLURB

Life regret number one: Moving into an apartment where all I hear are the moans coming from my downstairs neighbor's apartment. It's pretty obvious what's happening behind those doors, which is even more frustrating when you aren't getting any action yourself.

To make matters worse, I got fired from my job, and my savings account is pathetic. That means I can't eat my body weight in donuts, even if I wanted to...and I really want to. Thanks to my sister, though, I have a new work opportunity lined up, and I promised myself I wouldn't do anything to lose this one. Until I realize my new boss, Logan, is none other than my sex god of a neighbor.

Keeping my ever-growing attraction to him in check proves to be a lot harder than I thought, especially with my knowledge of his extracurricular activities. When my new job as his photography assistant keeps throwing us together--sometimes completely eliminating our personal space--I find it more and more difficult to remember why I'm supposed to stay away from him.

Hi, I'm Ember Keaton, and I suck at adulting.




PURCHASE LINKS:




FREE in Kindle Unlimited



Review

Do you love novellas? Like something short and sweet from time to time? If you answered yes to one or both these questions, then this one is definitely for you!

Picture office romance, a lot of chemistry, funny moments and a whole lot of cute ones.  Oh, let's not forget Bruno, a super cute dog that loves attention. This is The Best Kind of Mistake in a nutshell.
Logan & Ember's story is a super sweet one that you'll enjoy no matter what. These two meet for the first time when Logan's mom hires her to work for her but surprise surprise she's actually gonna work directly with Logan and there's another surprise but that  one I'm not telling or I'll spoil all the fun. Their attraction is immediate and as they spend more with each other they find out they work really well together and they have a lot in common. Cue in the sexual tension as well and these two can't resist each other for long.

Jasmine Miller gaves a super fun and sweet novella that is the perfect short read. I hope Aiden gets his book, I'm so intrigued by him.


EXCERPT 1 (Embers POV) 

Tall, muscular, and handsome as hell.

Check, check, and check.

Dang it.

Why does the very person I hate the most right now have to be this hot? Good thing his behavior is the best anti-attraction method there is. I mean, who likes a person that keeps you awake at night because he’s having super loud sex marathons in the apartment right below you? Maybe some people do, but I’m not one of them. I have dignity and class, and… Okay, maybe I’m just grumpy and sleep-deprived.

“Ember, are you even listening? You have that glassy look on your face.” My sister doesn’t hide the annoyance in her voice, but it’s still not enough to pull my gaze away from the troublemaker, a.k.a. my neighbor across the street. He’s just come out of our apartment building with a hot blonde on his arm, slapping her butt as they part ways.

What a pig.

They walk out of sight for a moment, and I reluctantly turn around to face my sister, Evelyn, who is now clicking her fingernails on the metal table in the café we’re sitting in.

I have to admit there are definitely advantages to living across the street from a café. I can meet up with family members or friends here instead of them coming to my place, where they’d inspect every last corner. Plus, the coffee and pastries are delicious. And, as it turns out, it’s also a prime spot for stalking my neighbor.

Evelyn holds up a manicured finger. “Wait a second. Is that the guy you told me about?” She cranes her neck so far, I’m worried she might get seriously hurt. “Oh my goodness. I think I have to come here more often.” She fans her face with the menu while we both stare after him and his fantastic butt, as he strolls down the street to slip into a shiny, black sports car.


AUTHOR BIO

Jasmin Miller is a professional lover of books and cake (preferably together) as well as a fangirl extraordinaire. She loves to read and write kissing books and never misses a chance to swoon over characters. Originally from Germany, she now lives in the western US with her husband and three little humans that keep her busy day and night.


AUTHOR LINKS




Comments

Popular Posts