Review: Baby Yours, Kennedy Fox


The worst day of my life happened when Brandon
died. 


We had our entire future mapped out. 

Careers, marriage, kids—in that order. 

Then the universe threw a curveball and ended it
all. 




As I come to terms with everything, I learn I’m
carrying his baby. Now I’m living with his roommate, the guy who’s made my life
a living hell the past two years. Hunter’s now the one to hold me up when all I
want to do is fall. 




Knowing my religious parents will never accept
the pregnancy out of wedlock, Hunter offers to be my fake husband. While I
think he’s gone crazy, it’s the only plan that’ll keep them in my life. So I do
whatever it takes to make our relationship believable—kissing, touching, even
letting him hold me when we sleep. The lines are so blurred neither of us want
to admit we’re no longer pretending. 




The guilt of what we’re doing eats me alive as I
struggle to deal with my emotions. I push him away, but he pulls me closer,
showing me how he’s always felt.  




Just as I begin to follow my heart, I learn
Hunter’s been keeping secrets.


And I’m left to make the hardest decision of my
life…






**This is book 2 in the Hunter & Lennon
duet and must be read after Baby Mine. Recommended for ages 18+**


REVIEW
I didn't think I could possibly love Hunter more but it happened. My heart hurts so much, I just wanted him to be happy of course with the situation he's in, it's not an easy thing to achieve. Gah, him and Lennon are just so perfect together, watching them pretend to be a couple was the best. Lennon fought it but even when pretending they felt so real and everyone could see it, how perfect they were for each other. I swooned so hard. Hunter is just the best, he's so selfless and he would do literally anything for Lennon, even if he had to keep living in a pretend world and only be her friend. I just love him so much and admire him so.

Kennedy Fox have just given me my new favorite slow burn romance ever. If you thought the angst and the slow burn were over in book 1, then you are in for a ride. Baby Yours is just as angsty as Baby Mine, if not more because this time they are pretending to be together, so it's even harder for them, specially Hunter, to have her one minute and not have her the next. It's pure torture for him.

I loved Lennon in this book so much. She was till grieving Brandon and was dealing with a lot of guilt but she was growing, learning to let things go and finally taking a stand when it came to certain things. I loved her new attitude and watching her be a mother was great. And that little girl stole everyones hearts. Watching Hunter with her, oh my heart. Time went on and Hunter was always there for his two girls, still there even after Lennon rejected him, still there after everything and never leaving. After a reality check, with the help of Lennon's sister, she finally realised her feelings for Hunter were very real and after all the truth had come out, there was no doubt at all of what Hunter felt for her. And once it became real, they were even more perfect than before. I serioulsy love these two, they might be my new favorite KF couple (I feel like I'm cheating saying this but it's true).

Baby Yours is a angsty ride that will pull all the emotions out of you, just like I'm sure Baby Mine did. It's a beautiful, heartwrenching story with so much turmoil, love, secrets, drama and just a whole lot of angst. Kennedy Fox always manage to surprise me, their writing keeps getting better and better and they are the perfect story tellers, their plots are full proof and always so epic, no matter the trope they write. I thought I could never love anything as much as I love the Bishop Brothers but they have proven me wrong because I freaking ADORED Hunter and Lennon to pieces. If the other two duets are anything like this one... and with the little teases we got through out this duet and then that final jaw dropping moment at the end that left us wanting the next book stat, yeah I know the second duet will be just as good and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.



I saw her first.
Blonde. Gorgeous. Feisty.
I was smitten. 


But it didn’t matter because she chose him and he was my best friend and roommate. I’d never be able to compete with that, so I pushed her away instead. It was easy when she lived hours away, and I didn’t have to see her every day, but then she moved in with us. 
Now, I’m screwed.

To her singing in the shower every morning, dancing in the kitchen while she makes coffee, and doing yoga in our living room, I can’t stop thinking about her in all the wrong ways. She’s not mine and never will be, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to push her against a wall and claim her mouth.

She’s constantly on me for making messes, bringing chicks home every weekend, and being a smartass when their PDA gets on my nerves. Considering neither of them know how I feel, it’s not fair for the way I act toward them. I should move out so I can get over her for good; however, the selfish part of me can’t let go. 

But then the unthinkable happens... 
When my best friend dies in a motorcycle accident, the two of us are left to grieve our loss together. Instead of pushing her away, I pull her closer. 

Just as we come to terms with our new reality, she finds out she’s pregnant with his baby. 
And I’m left to make the hardest decision of my life... 

Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You've Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren't bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that'll make you blush and your heart melt. If you enjoy romance stories with sexy, tattooed alpha males and smart, independent women, then a Kennedy Fox book is for you! 


Keep up with all their social media platforms for
updates & info!

Comments

Popular Posts