Review: Keeping You Away, Kennedy Fox



I never planned on returning to Alabama, but circumstances brought me here after years of being gone. Though Lawton Ridge is my hometown, I was hesitant to go back because of her —my sister’s best friend. The last time we were together, she was eighteen, and I was a broken soldier transitioning to civilian life.

Gemma wrote to me while I was overseas and we developed a bond I hadn’t anticipated. I crushed her heart the day I left, something I’ve never forgotten. But now that her dad is my new boss, life just got way more complicated.

Too sweet, too innocent, too good for a guy like me—I should walk away again.

After serving five years in prison for something I didn’t do, I trust no one, but Gemma gradually breaks down my walls and exposes the pain I’ve hidden underneath. For her own sake, I should keep my distance, but it’s nearly impossible when I hear her sweet humming while I work and she slowly draws me back in. It’s a battle I didn’t train for, and one I’ll lose if I don’t keep my restraint—especially since she’s engaged to another man.

Keeping You Away is a slow-burn, angsty romance wrapped up in an intense love story. It’s book 1 in the Tyler & Gemma duet & must be read first.

Grab Your Copy Here!

REVIEW

Did you read Liam and Maddie's duet? Do you remember Tyler? Did you fall in love with him like I did? If you answered yes to any or all of these 3 questions, then you'll be super happy to know that his story is here!!! 

I love that we got to see Tyler reunite with Liam and Maddie in the first chapter. Tyler and Maddie's friendship cracks me up and warms my heart at the same time. I love the bond they have. We also get to hear from these two a lot throughout the book and I love that. I love that although they now live far away from each other, they keep in touch often and are always there for each other. I'm kind of really hoping Liam and Maddie visit Tyler soon so Maddie can meet Gemma and Tyler's sister, I feel like they'd be instant friends and it'd be super entertaining to see them all together. 

I also love the letters omg. I love that we not only got to see a little of past Gemma and Tyler in the prologue but we also get to read some of the letters these two exchanged while Tyler was in the military, it's such a nice touch to the story and it really builds the bond they created years ago. 

Tyler and Gemma, as any second chance romance where there is a third person in the picture, were very frustrating. I mean I loved watching them reconnect, reminisce, get over the awkwardness and try not to take their 'friendship' too far. It was fun to see them try to deny their connection and chemistry but also finding a way to each other all the time, specially when something was wrong. As has been stated by me many times, I loveeee Tyler. I fell in love with him in Liam and Maddie's story and I was dying for his story. It's exactly like I thought it was gonna be frustrating, a slow burn that is always simmering and sometimes blows up but it was also so much more. I feel like Tyler is there to show Gemma what a relationship should and shouldn't be about and I truly hope she opens her eyes soon, or more, does something about what she's been seeing. For me, that has been the most frustrating thing about this book. Gemma's relationship with her fiancé, they are so different. There are so many things wrong with their dynamic and all the new red flags that he's giving her and all her doubts and still she just doesn't know what to do. Girl, the universe is giving you all the clues to make the right decision. Just make it! 

Meanwhile Gemma is in this mess of a relationship, Tyler finally gets his chance at a possible revenge agains Victoria but this opportunity is gonna put him on her map again and we've all seen how vicious she can get. I'm freaking scared for him and what's gonna happen after how this book ended. I feel like a partnership is about to be born and make Gemma and Tyler's lives hell. I'm scare but I also can't wait to see how these two will get out of all this mess.

I know the Ex-Con series is currently only two duets and from this book we already know who the second couple will be and honestly gosh it's gonna be so good gah. But I also really REALLY hope Tyler's sister gets her own book. She's amazing and fun and so anti-relatiosnhips that her book would be amazing.

Keeping You Away is part one of Tyler and Gemma's story and it's one of reconnection with the world, family, old friends and past loves. It's also a story about rediscovery of one self and the people you once left behind and now are getting to know again. These two will give you all that slow burning goodness, the longing that comes with reminiscing about old times and that feeling of not knowing what to do, how to act now that the one that got away is back in your life. Tyler and Gemma were made for each other, I'm excited to see how their find their back into each other's arms.

Needing You Close
Release Date: August 13


Conclusion of Tyler & Gemma's Duet!


Pre-Order Needing You Close here!


Add to your Goodreads TBR List!


Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of Hallmark movies & overpriced coffee. When they aren't bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that'll make you blush and your heart melt. If you enjoy romance stories with sexy, tattooed alpha males and smart, independent women, then a Kennedy Fox book is for you!




Hosted By:




Comments

Popular Posts