Review: Legacy of Lies, Tara Leigh


Today we are celebrating the release of LEGACY OF LIES by Tara Leigh! LEGACY OF LIES is the first novel in the series and you can purchase it now for $2.99.

THRONE OF LIES is a prequel novella from the Legacy of Lies series and it is available now, too.


Follow Tara's newsletter for exclusive news about the series

Watch the Book Trailer
------------------

LEGACY OF LIES by Tara Leigh

PURCHASE NOW:
Purchase in PAPERBACK NOW!

Blurb:

Money. Status. Wealth. Power.
I believed I was entitled to all of it.
My legacy.

Jolie Chapman.
I thought I was entitled to her, too.
My love.

In a scandal that set our families against each other, I lost.
My legacy.
My love.
Everything.

I was heir to a throne built on lies, my crown forged from corruption.
Stripped of everything I'd been raised to consider my birthright.
Including my princess—who wasn’t mine, after all.

I’ve spent the past decade rebuilding my life, on my own terms.
Money. Status. Wealth. Power.
They’ve been earned.

Now I’ve returned to Manhattan for redemption, too.
Jolie wasn’t supposed to be here.
… And I wasn’t supposed to care.

Screw me once, shame on you.
Screw me twice—
Who am I kidding? I don’t believe in second chances anymore.

Review
If I though the prequel was amazing, I had no idea how truly brilliant Legacy of Lies would be.

Tripp was even better than before and I lived for his moody a**. He is closed off, hiding behind a computer screen and acts like an a**hole because he got his heart broken by all the people close to him, with exception of his best friend who is now also his business partner. But put Jolie back in his life and you see his facade start to crumble at first sight, even while pretending to hate her, he loves her and you can see how she just melts him. Ah these two are just glorious!!

There is much more to their story now than just being the heirs to an Empire who had everything taken from them; that one faithful day ruined their lives more than they both initially thought. They had to fight to be someone other than the name their parents ruined, and that cost them a lot more than just riches.

Almost ten years later and their chemistry is still there, the love is still there even if it's hidden behind hurt and resentment. When these two are in the same place, it is impossible to hide that there is a connection between them, their chemistry breathes fire, their love pulls them together but there are so many secrets between them...so many players in the game of their love story that are still at play, and still hidden from them that when they finally come to light they could threaten everything.
However their love is stronger than all the secrets, and there is one secret in particular that brings them closer together instead of apart, to fight for what they all missed the past 10 years, to fight for what they wanted all along but got taken away from them.

Tripp and Jolie's story was a beautiful one, full of angst and suspense and love, so much love. Legacy of Lies is like an episode of Gossip Girl that you'll die over. Heirs. Secrets. Lies. Family. Friendship. Love. It's all there and it all makes it the perfect second chance story. I absolutely loved Tripp and Jolie's and I wish their story hadn't ended at all.

Add LEGACY OF LIES to Goodreads

-------------------------------

The LEGACY OF LIES series novella, THRONE OF LIES, is available now!


THRONE OF LIES by Tara Leigh

Prequel novella to Legacy of Lies

Purchase in PAPERBACK NOW!

Blurb:

PI was called a prodigal son.
A scion of Midas.

I believed it. Why wouldn’t I?
Everything my father touched turned to gold.

The proof was all around me.
Luxury cars.
Elite schools.
A billion-dollar business.
Even my girlfriend, a Park Avenue Princess.

I reigned from a throne of lies.
My fall from grace… wasn’t graceful at all.
Throne of Lies really was the perfect start to Tripp and Jolie. You get to see their families' dynamics and get an in to downfall of their parents empire while also falling with loved with this couple. You get to see their beginning, their love blossoming and then wilting.

TOL is a super fast read, you'll just want more and more until there is nothing left. I jumped right onto Legacy of Lies because I NEEDED to know what happened next, how this one tragic moment that completely shattered their lives and how they were would shape their futures.

Tripp and Jolie are honestly the sweetest little couple and it's impossible not to love them and be completely mad and heartbroken about what happens to them. Tripp is the perfect boyfriend, he is just amazing and you'll see how much he loves Jolie, not just in the prequel but in Legacy of Lies, it's so swoon worthy. I loved them!

-------------------------------

AUTHOR BIO:
Tara Leigh writes steamy contemporary romance featuring tortured heroes worth lusting after and the women they didn't know they needed. She attended Washington University in St. Louis and Columbia Business School in New York, and worked on Wall Street and Main Street before “retiring” to become a wife and mother. When the people in her head became just as real as the people in her life, she decided to put their stories on paper. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children and fur-baby, Pixie.

AUTHOR LINKS:





Comments

Popular Posts