Review: Whispers of My Skin, Susana Mohel

Whispers of my skin RD
Whispers 22

♦ ♦ ♦

2
Whispers ebook 


Desperate times call for desperate measures.

That’s what they say, right?

Well, I guess it must be true because I’m desperate.

And I’m about to take desperate measures.

That’s why I’m standing at his door, preparing to face him. Even though we are no longer what we used to be. Even though he doesn’t love me as he once did.

The girl he loved is no more, she vanished.

So did he.

Both gone with the wind, left behind in the mists of time.

We grew up, moved on.

But just when it seems there’s nothing left between us, there comes a second chance.

A whisper that grows, won’t be ignored, can’t be ignored as it ensnares us, entwines us.

Whispers of love.

Whispers of my skin.

9
Black -Kobo
.
Black - itunes
.
barnes-and-noble
.

black - amazon
.



♦ ♦ ♦


"So I am right, there was unfinished business between the two of you. Well, as I always say, save a horse, ride a cowboy, especially a smokin’ hot one.” 



My first ever Susana Mohel book. I'd like to say I feel in love with her writing but it wasn't the case and I'm not one to lie. The story had a lot going for it though. 
There was so much feeling and chemistry between these two, there were crazy things happening, secrets being uncovered, crazy people popping out everywhere. It was really crazy entertaining. I just don't think I connected with these characters like I wish I had. Everything happened so fast, it seemed so unrealistic and then it was one crazy thing after the other... they didn't even let them breathe right for more than a minute. Their lives were crazy. I just wanted them to finally be happy in their little ranch. 

“You’re mine, Tara Sadger. I’ll never let you go, you’re never going to escape from me.” I groan as he thrusts deeply into me. “I never said I wanted to escape, Joel.” “Good. Because you’ve met your match and to prove it, this cowboy is going to spend all night taming you.”


One thing that I really didn't like was how Tara could never hold her ground. She always let Joel sway her stance with sex and it was freaking annoying. I get that he's hot and gets your body on fire but for someone who thought he had a baby momma behind your back you sure changed your tune fast girl. I didn't like how she became so weak for him like that.

This second chance romance had angst, suspense, lots of crazy secrets and spins and let's not forget the drama, it had a bit of that too. 

“I’m not sure what to do,” I blurt out. “What should I do, Joel? Tell me, please.” Joel pauses, concern etching his lovely face as he studies me. “Whatever will please you, make you happy, Tara, because you make me happy just by existing,” he answers, sincerity shining in his eyes. He’s looking down at me with such tenderness that my heart skips a beat. Right now, this man is the epicenter of my universe, and I’d do anything to make him happy.

I'ma be real honest, this was not the book I was expecting from that title and blurb. It was definitely a surprise, not a bad one but not exactly a good one either. I don't know man, I have serious mixed feelings about this book. 

If you're intrigued give it a read and then let me know what you thought if it.

Rate: 3,7 / 5 stars

♦ ♦ ♦


10

Whispers 10
Whispers 16

♦ ♦ ♦


Author, wife, and mother of a girl and a puppy.  I love the happily ever after. Believer & dreamer. I live in my own world, sipping Ginger Ale and lime. I’m always plotting my next book, coloring pages and reading.


5
black icon-website
.
black icons-facebook
.
black icons-twitter
.
black icons -instagram
.
black icon - goodreads
.
black - amazon
.
black icon -newsletter
.


group icon - black

♦ ♦ ♦

TNS hosted by
website gold
.
facebook gold
.
twitter gold
.
gold label_newsletter
.
Pinterest gold
.
instagram gold
.
youtube gold
.
Sign Up Today!

Comments

Popular Posts