Review: The Invisible Thread, Lisa Suzanne



Title: The Invisible Thread
Series: The Unbreakable Thread #2
Author: Lisa Suzanne
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 23, 2018




Blurb


It’s love against revenge in the highly anticipated
conclusion of Lisa Suzanne’s #1 bestselling rock star romance series.



One decision was all it took for Ethan Fuller’s life to be
flipped upside down and for Maci Dane’s twenty-year plan to fall off the rails.


Ethan tells Maci about the invisible thread that links two people destined to
be together. The road isn’t always smooth, but eventually the two people
holding the thread will find their way to each other.

They found their way together, yet they keep finding themselves apart. Mistake
after mistake, lie after lie, grudge after grudge...it may be too much for two
people to overcome.

Are Maci and Ethan tied by the invisible thread, or will their thread break
before they can find their way to happiness?




Review

I’m more sure than ever that I know the truth. It’s her. I know it is. Why else would it feel like the other half of my soul stepped into the room the minute Maci walked in?

Lisa Suzanne completely blew my mind with this conclusion to Ethan and Maci's story. Boy, you all know I live for angst, right? Well this book had it in full. I felt everything, every single emotion these two felt. And it honestly blew me away. 
I had been so anxious to read this book and see how it would all play out and how these two would end up together and oh boy what a roller coaster.

“Did you really love her?” I ask. “Did you even know her?” He lifts the shoulder he’s not lying on. “I don’t know. I know I had strong feelings for her. I know she incited feelings in me no one else has ever been able to. Until I met you.”

Maci kept on questioning Ethan's actions, thinking he was still fucking every girl that came his way but I'm glad that in the midst of all the emotions she was going through and still working through her resentment towards him, that her love for him and their child won and she finally decided to tell him she was pregnant. Ethan was shocked and his reaction wasn't the best and obviously Maci took it to heart but she always does when it comes to him. After pondering about it and talking it out with Mark, Ethan was in a better mind set and he made things right with Maci. They were finally gonna work things out and be together for real.

“I’m here, aren’t I?” She says it softly, and it speaks directly to that cold part of my chest she’s managed to thaw. I nod, conceding, and then I give her my honesty because I can’t put together why she’s here when I’m doing my best to push her away. “That’s what I don’t understand. I don’t want to jinx it, but why do you keep coming back?” “Because I love you too, you goddamn idiot.”

But then an accident happened and Maci faced with the idea of losing the love of her life, knew that it was time she told him the whole truth so they could move forward and be a real family with no secrets. To say the truth was a blow to the heart was an understatement. Boy did it hurt to see Ethan learn the truth about Maci and how it impacted him. Ethan had been so happy to finally be good with Maci and now learning she was Dani and had been hiding something so big and so monumental, made him feel like everything was a lie, a betrayal. And although at first he had a reason to be hurt and in shock, he should have gotten over it sooner. She told him the truth, they were having a baby and they loved each other. 

Only another scare woke him up from his hurt, and boy I was scared for them but I couldn't help but be happy it happened just so Ethan realized what they all were missing on. 
Even though he took a while to get out of his head, he did and oh boy when they finally were together for real, it was beautiful. Ethan was really sweet when he wanted to be and those songs he wrote about her, oh my heart. I swooned so hard. When both of them finally let of all the hurt and resentment over their past, they were perfect together and it was beautiful to read about.

“I’ll see you on stage in just under three hours,” she says. “I’ll be the one behind the drum kit.” She leans in close to me. “I’ll be the one wishing it was me you were banging on instead of those drums.”

I'm super sad that I won't have anything else to read of my Vail boys, really sad. These guys completely stole my heart in so little time and I wish I had more of them. I love them so much and I'm just so happy they both found the one holding the other side of their thread. 
It's completely bittersweet. I am both so happy that Ethan and his sweet girl finally found their way to each other but I'm super sad it's over too. Do you feel me? I really wanted more of all this gang. I'm not ready to say goodbye.
On another note, I'm over the moon about finding Lisa's books. I completely feel in love with her writing when I read The Power to Break and it only cemented when I read all the other Vail books. So I'm super excited for whatever she has in store next, and I know she already has a book in the works, I can't wait to read it.

“You know something?” he asks, backing away from me. “I’m not sorry it happened the way it did. It’s part of our story now.” “Our story?” He shrugs. “We have a lot to work out and a lot to get past. It won’t be easy, but the road to finding the person holding your thread never is. I think this is merely the first chapter of our story, Mace.” “The first chapter,” I repeat. “Sounds like a song title.” “Sounds like a good one to add to our record.”


Rate: 5 drum beats




Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




Author Bio

Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with
her husband and baby boy. She’s a former high school English teacher and
college composition instructor. When she's not cuddling baby Mason, she can be
found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.
 


Author Links

Comments

Popular Posts