Review: Needing Him, Kennedy Fox



Evan Bishop is your typical hotshot doctor.
Hardass, brooding, and all business.

Instead of working on the family ranch, Evan broke the mold and became an ER doctor.
He’s good with his hands—in more ways than one—smart as a whip and is the definition of God’s gift to women. Being a gentleman is in his Southern roots, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t flawed. Exclusive dating has never been a top priority and his tragic past makes him stay at arm’s length. Deciding to let loose for a wild night, he takes a page from the Bishop brother’s relationship book and hooks up with a mysterious girl he’ll never have to see again, which is perfect for this self-proclaimed bachelor.

Emily Bell is a city girl through and through but is determined to get away from her family and past. All she wants is a fresh start and to make a name for herself in the medical field. No random hookups and no dating coworkers—that’s her new motto after being burned time and again. When she agrees to attend a wedding as a plus-one, she’s soon ditched and left to drink solo—but not for long. Mr. Suit is the ultimate temptation with his Southern charm, messy blond hair, and irresistible sex appeal. Everything about him screams bad news, but he makes her reconsider her rules just for one night.

After all, some rules are made to be broken.

They want the same thing—one night of passion then they’ll go their separate ways. No cuddling afterward. No next day phone calls. No awkward goodbyes. Too bad the universe has other plans—one that’ll be obvious when they report to work on Monday morning.

*A contemporary romance with a little Southern drama. This is book 2 in the Bishop Brothers series. Each book features a different brother and can be read as a complete standalone. HEA guaranteed!*
Not suitable for readers under 18 due to adult language and sexual content.



AVAILABLE NOW

AMAZON | iBooks | B&N | KOBO


Review

I feel like every book in this series is gonna be better than the previous one. 

The closeness of his lips steals my breath away. My entire body shivers, and I hate that this man has an effect on me. Though I have no idea who he is, he’s already made me reconsider my no men ban. Dangerous—that’s the only way I can describe him.

I FLOVED EVAN! Oh my goodness, this man!! While Alex had been a good surprise, a player revealed such a sweet boy, Evan was an even bigger and better surprise. His past and his profession made him a very closed off guy so getting to see him unveil himself little by little was epic. He turned out to be such an epic guy. A closet romantic and just overall amazing. 

Emily decided to move cities when she found her boyfriend cheating on her, she hadn't been happy at that hospital and that was the last straw. She just moved from Houston to a small town where her college best friend, Kiera, lives. Kiera convinces Emily to be her date to Alex and River's wedding and when Kiera bails on her, Emily is kept entertained all night long by one of the groom's men but having drunk a lot and being introduced to so many people in one night, she has no idea who she hooked up with. When she wakes up the day after the rendezvous and thinks that she just had a one night stand with a married man, she leaves and takes the guy's tux in hopes that he'll get caught. But as it turns out, he wasn't a married man after all, he was actually one of her new co-workers. The moment they both find that out is hilarious.

We’re both breathing hard, and my heart races at an intense speed. Knowing what he looks like under those scrubs has my brain malfunctioning on a witty response. I want to grab his face and kiss the attitude right out of him, but I won’t let him win.

Evan at first gave off this asshole vibe, specially because he was pissed about how his encounter with the mystery girl had ended. So when he found out that the woman had not only lied about her name but was his new co-worker he was even more pissed about the whole situation. But OMG YOU GUYS, it was so hot reading about him acting like an asshole towards Emily. Like, hot damn, even when he was being an ass, you could feel the sexual tension and when that tension exploded... Hot Damn! I loved the fire between them. It was fun to read, super entertaining and laugh out loud funny at times. Oh and Evan will definitely get your panties wet. Lord, the sex scenes between these two were everything. *fans self* 

“Any preferences, darlin’?” I ask, gripping her hips and inhaling the fresh scent of her shampoo. She wraps a hand around my neck, pulling my head closer to hers, and then she says just above a whisper, “I want to be fucked so hard I feel you for days.” Her words are meant to shock, but they don’t. Instead, they flow directly to my cock. With a popped eyebrow, I begin undoing the cuff links. “You have no idea what you just asked for, sweetheart,” I warn her in a promising tone. “I think I do,” she quips, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip. Goddamn, this woman just might be my undoing.

I loved how he was so protective of her even when he wanted to hate her, he might have been her enemy at her work but anywhere else he either wanted to jump her or hold her close so nothing would happen to his mystery girl. I loved the conflict part of the plot, it had a little suspense which I'm loving so much lately and that just made the book even better for me. 

“I can walk.” I try to stand, but he tightens his hold in response. “I’ve got you.” Wrapping my arms around his neck, I rest my head on his chest and focus on the rapid beating of my heart. Except now I don’t know if it’s from the panic attack or the fact that Evan Bishop is holding me as if his life depends on it.

And of course, I lived for the banter between brothers. I loved watching how close they all were and getting to experience their dynamic, learning who's closer to who and just watching all their shenanigans. 
We got bits and pieces of each brother. KF gave us a little more about their story and gave headway for the next two books and oh my goodness... I'm honestly dying already for both of them. The end to this book has me so anxious for John's book, it's insane. And that blurb, oh hell, I already know it's gonna be perfect. And then there's Jackson, I've said this before but I'll say it again. He will be my favorite, I'm almost sure of it. They're definitely saving the best for last.  I feel like the angst will be insane and I'm seriously so curious about how they will end up together because after the events in this book, I seriously don't know.

 I swear to god all the Bishop Brothers are gonna ruin me one book at a time. 


“How do you make scrubs sound so damn sexy?” “They’re only sexy when they’re in a pile on the floor.” She laughs, nodding her head in agreement. “With the exception of them on you. They hug all your curves, and every damn time I look at you, my cock salutes to the gods.

I really loved Needing Him but I was expecting nothing else. These two were perfect for each other even when they acted like enemies (enemies who wanted to kiss the hell out of each other every time they fought). I couldn't possibly have enjoyed this book more. It wasn't just Evan and Emily that made it so special, it was getting to know every Bishop better and even getting to see our Checkmate babies again. Thank you Brooke&Lyra for warming my heart with so much love again. I love your characters so damn much and I cannot wait for what you have in store for the twins. 

Rate: 5 stars


 Excerpt

I caved.



Fuck me. I caved, and now he thinks he’s in control and God’s gift to the world.



Fucking great.



I won’t let him manipulate me with sex. He must not be that smart if he thinks that’s actually going to work. I said those things in the heat of the moment and because I really needed to fucking come, but that doesn’t mean I meant it. Hell, I would’ve told him the sky was purple if that meant he’d give me what I needed.



Regardless, that was really damn hot. The way I yelled at him, and he yelled back, and then we just attacked each other. Every moment of our first night together has replayed in my head since it happened, but now… angry Evan is the one who will haunt me in my dreams. Angry Evan is hot and demanding and knows just how to tease the fuck out of me. I almost hate him for it. Except I could never hate a man who knows how to worship my body like he does.



But God, does he really have to be such a controlling asshole?



I scoop my scrubs and shoes off the floor and adjust my just-fucked hair. Once my top is on, I search for my panties. When I don’t find them on the floor, I shake out my scrub bottoms, but they aren’t there either. What the fuck?



Panic starts to surface at the realization that I lost my damn panties. Shit, shit, shit.



My pager beeps, and it’s painfully obvious I’m going to have to put my pants on without them. Quickly, I finish getting dressed and push my shoes on before grabbing my lab coat and the soiled shirt and flying out the door.



I throw Evan’s shirt in the trash before anyone can see me and ask questions.



Rushing to the nurses’ station for an update, I look around but don’t see any commotion or people scrambling like normal. “What’s going on? You paged me?” I ask, trying to catch my breath.



Fiona looks at me like I’ve gone crazy. She swallows and lowers her eyes before bringing them back up to look at me. She witnessed the heated argument back in the trauma room, and now she looks uncomfortable as hell. “Dr. Bishop asked me to page you. He wanted me to tell you that your break is over and to get back to work.” I can tell she’s uneasy delivering the news, but that doesn’t stop the anger from brewing inside me.



The vein in my forehead is about to burst, but I remind myself to play it cool. For all they knew, Evan sent me on the break to calm down, and now I’m the one looking like a slacker.



“Okay. Thanks.” I pinch my lips together to prevent any further words from spewing out of me. No one can know that Evan and I are…whatever the hell we are. Considering I came to this hospital to make a name for myself all on my own, the last thing I need is people thinking I sleep my way to the top.



Crap.



“Dr. Bell,” Evan barks from the other side of the room. He’s holding a pile of charts in his hands that are no doubt from the huge fire incident that just unfolded.



Taking a deep breath, I put my lab coat on and dig my stethoscope from the pocket and wrap it around my neck. We have to act impartially to each other publicly, but hell, I didn’t realize how hard it’d be now that we’re together.



“Yes, Dr. Bishop?”



He doesn’t even look up at me when I approach him, and I hate that it irritates me.



“I need you on beds seven through fifteen until the next shift rotation, then finish these charts before you leave.” His head tilts up, his lips in a firm line as he piles the stack in my arms. “I also need an update on the Brauer kids once an hour.”



Swallowing, I adjust the charts in my arms to prevent them from falling. I won’t let my pride get in the way of doing my job, and if charts are what I need to do right now, then I won’t make a scene. At least not in front of everyone. However, once we’re alone, I’m going to give him a piece of my mind for treating me like a damn intern again.



“Absolutely. Anything else, sir?” My tone is laced with fake sweetness, and he doesn’t flinch a beat at it.



“Yes, actually.” He takes a step forward and dips his head until his mouth hovers over my ear. “Make sure those charts are done correctly before you leave. I’ll be looking through them extensively.”



“Of course.” I grind my teeth, wishing I could give him a piece of my mind right now.



“And since I know you’re going commando, I won’t ask you to perform any oral procedures.” He winks before walking away, making my blood boil.



That asshole stole my panties!







Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You’ve Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren’t bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that’ll make your lady bits tingle and your heart melt. If you enjoy romance stories with sexy, tattooed alpha males and smart, independent women, then a Kennedy Fox book is for you!

Keep up with all their social media platforms for updates & info!

WEBSITE | NEWSLETTER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM






Comments

Popular Posts