Review: Keeping Him, Kennedy Fox




Jackson Bishop is your typical playboy.

Unpredictable, charming, and overly confident.

Growing up in Texas, the ranch life is all he’s ever known. Horses and late night partying are his lifestyles, and all the local girls know it too. Riding lessons aren’t the only things taught at the stables, and he makes sure clients never leave unsatisfied. Everyone knows Jackson’s a wild card, but not everything is as it seems. He may be a womanizer on the surface, but he’s hiding deep feelings about the one who’s had his heart since he was a teen. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as roping her in and claiming her as his.

Kiera Young is well-known for her sassy nature and outgoing personality. Though she’s one of the best horse trainers in the area, she’s never been able to tame her best friend and the man she’s secretly loved since she was fifteen—Jackson Bishop. She’s waited years for him to confess his true feelings but as time goes on, she decides she’s done waiting. Kiera finally meets a man who promises to give her the world, and when he pops the question, she says yes—knowing they’re both ready to settle down and start a family.

Even if her heart beats for another man.

Jackson’s certain he’s lost Kiera for good and has no one to blame but himself. However, on the day of her wedding, he can’t bring himself to watch the woman he loves walk down the aisle to someone else. Kiera’s already having second thoughts and knows she can’t get married without his support. It’s not until she’s at the altar that she realizes she can’t let Jackson go and will do whatever it takes to keep him—even if it means running out on her own wedding.




PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US ➙ https://amzn.to/2Df0E9J
Amazon UK ➙ https://amzn.to/2MGPKZX
Paperback ➙ https://amzn.to/2OCXYUP
Signed copies ➙ http://bit.ly/2Av06v2
Bishop Brothers series ➙ http://bit.ly/2oPrJq2

REVIEW

There is so much I could say here and I have been searching for the right/perfect words for the past two days but let's be real... when I get emotional or giddy over a book I just ramble so it's bound to happen here cuz I'm both at the moment. 

Keeping Him has possibly been my most anticipated book in the last year. I have been waiting for Jackson since the first book in the series and I knew from the very start he was bound to be my favorite, and that this was a case of saving the best for last. And it's the greatest thing to know that all along I was right and oh boy was this book worth the long wait!

Jackson and Kiera's story has been given to us crumble by crumble up until this point; with each book in the series you'd see them through the other characters' eyes and you'd get to watch the longing and the hurt that existed between and the mess that Jackson became every time Kiera and her boyfriend were in the same room as him. All of that made me crave this book like crazy and only added fuel to the fire that was my anticipation. 

These two have been best friends since they were little kids and have been in love with each other since their teens, but Jackson never made a move, not when Kiera's feelings were so obvious and not even when everyone else knew that he loved her too. He refused to give in and confess his feelings and I had been dying to know why. Kiera has waited on the sidelines for 15 years without nothing from Jackson, tired of waiting and when the perfect guy comes along she doesn't pass up the chance to move on. Two years later she's about to marry the guy when she finds out that he isn't as perfect as she thinks he is, things don't feel right anymore and she leaves him at the alter. We all know who she runs off to ;)

These two will make you crazy, want to throw your reading device, they'll frustrate you but also make you swoon and tear up like no other. They will have you on the edge of your seat waiting and guessing how it will all end. Their shenanigans will make you laugh out loud and their friendship will make you wish you had a friend like them when you were a kid. You'll get to meet new characters and boy are they fun. I loved both Travis and Colton and I'm so happy one of them is getting his own book but I wish they both would because both of them are amazing and I want more from each of them.

Keeping Him is a childhood friends to lovers romance that you will love. It's a real slow burn that will have you flipping pages as fast as you can so you can know everything, past, present and future. 
These two have an amazing story that with every past detail you know, you'll just be more amazed and enamored with Jackson Bishop. He might be a player but oh man he has such a good heart where it counts. I fell more in love with him and I didn't think that was possible at this point. I loved finally reading his mind and learning the why behind his actions. Getting to see both him and Kiera lusting, longing for each other was hard, be prepared to tear up a lot, these two will pull all the emotions out of you. But even when it hurts you'll be begging for more because you just have to know everything and see how it will all pan out with all the revelations and the secrets unveiled. 
This story also has a bit of suspense mixed in, which I loved. It's all around Trent so honestly it was brilliant, and I pegged him from the beginning, he just never really seemed genuine. Having their past, mixed in with the slow burn and the suspense really made this book brilliant. It was honestly way more than I had been expecting and omg I loved it so so much! I need a reread asap! 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to the Bishop family! Although I am super happy I finally got my man's book, I'm also super sad that it's over and there will be no more bishop books *cries bittersweet tears*. I need more!! I'm happy that at least we will be getting some bonus scenes soon but it will never be enough. This is a series that will go down in history for me and I'll be revisiting these characters again and again because I love them with all my heart and I'll never be ready to say goodbye to them.



If you're a fan of swoony alpha heroes, feisty heroines, humorous family dynamics, and witty banter, then you're going to want to meet the Bishop Brothers! This Southern family loves hard & plays even harder!!

TAMING HIM // BOOK 1
NEEDING HIM // BOOK 2
CHASING HIM // BOOK 3


 ★✩RELEASE WEEK GIVEAWAY!!✩★
10 SIGNED PAPERBACKS 
+ KINDLE FIRE 7
FOR ONE LUCKY WINNER!!!


ENTER HERE ➡️ http://bit.ly/2OiOnSJ



Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of You’ve Got Mail and The Holiday. When they aren’t bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that’ll make your lady bits tingle and your heart melt. If you enjoy romance stories with sexy, tattooed alpha males and smart, independent women, then a Kennedy Fox book is for you!

Keep up with all their social media platforms for updates & info!

WEBSITE | NEWSLETTER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM


Comments

Popular Posts