Mini reviews: Jayne Frost, Sixth Street Bands Series Special


Gone For You (Sixth Street Bands #1)

As the guitarist for the rock band Caged, I know the rules: no relationships. No complications. Leave ‘em smiling when you go, but always go. Besides, it’s not like I’m ever in one place for more than a few days at a time. As the next hottest thing out of Austin, the band and me are riding the wave, and the music is all that matters. 

Until her…

Lily Tennison has “complication” written across her beautiful face. But I can’t get involved. The timing’s all wrong. But she’s under my skin, and I can’t resist her troubled eyes and sweet smile. And I do have a little time to kill. Not much, just a few days in Dallas.


So I’ll scratch the itch and move on, like I always do.
Simple, right?

Thoughts



Gone For You was a light and fast read, and fast not just in the way that you can read this in a couple of hours but fast also in how things go between Lily and Cam. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this book a lot and I loved meeting all the men and seeing them in action. It was super fun and hot but when it comes to romance everything really happened super fast, that in no way affects my opinion of the book. I'm just letting all of you that get put out by this stuff know.


“Lily…” I growled when the first spasm of my release hit me. “You feel it… Fuck, baby.” She was all around me. She was everywhere and everything. My mouth was on her neck, breathing her in and tasting her as I pushed so far inside I didn’t ever want to leave. Loosening my grip, I rested my forehead against her shoulder, the sights and sounds and movement of our surroundings dragging me back to the now. Pulling her back when she went to move, I held her tight. “Stay,” I breathed. Stay with me. Today. Tomorrow. I tried to see beyond that. But I couldn’t.


Cam falls in lust with Lily as soon as he lays eyes on her and as much she tries to stay away from him, it doesn't take him long to win her over and have her any way he can have her. 
However, in a matter of a couple of days, feelings start growing and although both of them have their own issues, Cam doesn't know how to be in a relationship and Lily had her own insecurities, they find in themselves the gut to try.

“I’m not teasing you, darlin’.” Holding her gaze in the mirror, I nuzzled her ear. “Before you get all starry eyed, you should know I haven’t had a girlfriend since the eleventh grade. So I probably suck at it.” She turned in my arms, the blue of her eyes quieting my every doubt. But her frown remained. “Try not to hurt me, Cam.” Laying a hand over my heart, she kissed me softly. “Please try.”


There are a couple of hiccups on the way, Cam's life is not easy. A life in the spotlight is anything but black and white, and rock stars seem to call even more drama and all that comes with a learning curve. 


Purchase



Fall With Me (Sixth Street Bands #2)

Love isn’t an emotion—it’s a chemical reaction.  

Like gasoline meeting a flame. Eventually, the fire burns out. 

Luckily I’m in the right business. Women don’t expect more than I can give.  

When I meet Melody, I’m on board for a little fun. 

I admit, she’s under my skin. But since we share the same philosophy there’s no chance this will turn into anything more. 

Is there?

Thoughts


Christian turned out to be such a surprise. A sexy rockstar who is also a geek, double hotness! He definitely surprised me. I really enjoyed his story. 
However, this was such an insta love and I don't really like how fast things go in those. Giving that, the story was short but definitely sweet. 
Melanie at first glance was a total bitch but she was hiding her soft behind that attitude. Her life was anything but simple, having diabetes and a sick grandmother who is the only family she has left made her through up a wall to protect her heart. But that is nothing Christian can't crack, not even when his insecurities get in the way. These two were nothing but soft and watching them together was heart warming and sweet.



Purchase

Missing From Me (Sixth Street Bands #3)
One mistake. Four years of regret.  A second chance worth fighting for.
When I traded one dream for another, she was the price. My Anna. But I never forgot her. Never let go. And no amount of drumming could drown out my love for her. Her music is in my head. 
Still...Always...
And when I see her again, it's so clear. Anna is mine. She'll always be mine. I just have to convince her.


Thoughts
Sean was my favorite. I just loved him. 
I live for second chance romances and this one was just too good. Oh I was living for the angst too.

I loved watching Sean transform before my eyes. It was hard for him to learn the truth but he totally came through on being a decent guy and making up for lost time. I loved watching them all together.

Logan kind of got on my nerves a little at times, which got me even more excited to read his book. I can't wait to get inside his head and his heart and understand his actions.



Purchase


Lost For You (Sixth Street Bands #4)

When I was eighteen, I stood at the precipice of stardom. I had the record deal. And the tour to back it up. But I succumbed to the pressure of that life. The dark side. 
Now, I skate on the fringe. My brother is the genius guitarist for the band Caged, and I’m the one who helped make that happen. I’m happy to run my bars and my land development company. 

Sure I am.

And then I meet her—Taryn Ayers—the music manager behind the three biggest bands in the country. She doesn’t know I’m Cam’s older brother. Or that I’ve got a secret that makes her world and mine fundamentally incompatible. 

Problem is, I want to know Taryn.
But do I want her to know me? 


Thoughts


This was my second favorite book of the series, up until now that is, and again thanks to the angst. And this book got me even more curious about Logan. I'm dying for his book and to learn more about Tori and everything to do with her tragic past. I have a feeling it'll be my favorite.


Chase had a dark past and was still dealing with his demons, add in Taryn and her own demons and it was recipe for disaster. They let themselves succumb to their own demons, making it very hard for them to be together. But Chase, once again, was strong enough to fight his addiction and to help Taryn fight her fears. And boy were they beautiful together. I loved these two and watching them overcome the shitty aspects of life they'd both been given. 

They had both been through a lot when they met, and they each acted like each other's balm and it was beautiful. These two were so special. I just loved them. 


Purchase



Down to You (Sixth Street Bands #5)


She started from perfect. A star who shone brighter than the rest. 

But then fate took it all away. 
Now she's broken. 
A beautiful song with a fractured beat. 

But I'm still on the rise. 
Chasing a dream that she's already left behind. 
If I'm lucky, I can find my redemption in the spotlight.

Destiny brought us together. 
Put her in my path.

It started with a road trip. But somewhere along the line, it became a journey from here to there.
Maybe she can help me. 
Maybe we can help each other. 
Maybe music is enough. 
Maybe.

Every story deserves a soundtrack. 
And ours is epic.


Out on September 4th!


Comments

Popular Posts