Review: The Second We Met, Maya Hughes


AVAILABLE NOW!

Title: The Second We Met
Series: Fulton U #2
Author: Maya Hughes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs
Photo: Wander Aguiar
Release Date: October 17, 2019

PURCHASE ON AMAZON or Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited

BLURB

Dear Jerk Across the Street, sorry for accidentally walking in on you and catching an eyeful of your—equipment. And hard pass on the open invitation to join you in the shower “anytime”, A-hole.
That’s the note I should’ve written. Instead I sent a pleasant and apologetic version.
Had I known Phoenix “Nix” Russo would’ve been the neighbor from hell, I’d have told him right where he could shove my words.
Nix is the big man on campus with everyone lined up at his games to make sure he knows it. Sure, he’s got piercing blue eyes, abs that don’t quit and a smile that could set fire to a set of panties from a hundred yards away, but he’s also the biggest pain in my ass.

Dear Pink-Haired Menace, learn how to take a joke and stop being such a kill-joy...
Elle Masterson called the cops on one of my parties—again. My sweet talking usually gets me out of trouble, but this time it got me into a nice pair of silver handcuffs. Now I’m on a reputation rehab tour with a stop at a spring break community service project.
Guess who’s my new boss?
Now we’re shoulder to shoulder, sweaty, tired and…she’s not anything like I expected. There might just be a heart under that hardass exterior. She’s invading my dreams and I can’t shake the feeling she’s the key to unlocking a piece of me that I’ve hidden away.
It’s only a matter of time until she finds out why I’m really here.
Maybe I can break through her walls and into her heart before that happens...one screw at a time.
READ CHAPTER ONE HERE: https://www.mayahughes.com/blog

.
Maya, Maya how you always manage to steal my heart with your boys I don't know but I am totally here for it!

Welcome back to Fulton U everyone! Nix and Elle take us on another epic year, one brimming with animosity, sexual tension, good deeds, awesome friends and a fun journey towards love. I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it was fun, it was sexy, it was angsty and I love it when a book has all three.

Elle was a bad*** go getter. She was feisty, spoke her mind and wasn't afraid to do what was right for her no matter what people thought. I loved this girl and her wonderful soul. I loved that she was different, quirky and wasn't ever afraid to be herself. She has trust issues specially when it comes to the men in her life so when Nix and her go from enemies to friends, she's afraid to let him get too close. Having been cheated on by her past two boyfriends, she's a bit paranoid when a boy is on the horizon and his intentions are always at the forefront of her mind.

Nix was wonderful, gosh I truly loved his soul and he was such a genuine good person behind his footballer player persona. He is living a lie, a life he doesn't want but he's too afraid to take the plunge on leaving that life behind and fighting for the one he wants. It takes a girl and a few accidents for him to see that he should be living his life for him and no one else.

Nix is very close with his grandfather and I loved their relationship and every chance they had to spend time together in the kitchen. I kind of wish there had been more of those moments and we got to watch them both while Nix was doing what he always enjoyed. I hope we get to see that again in the epilogue, all three generations of Russo men hanging out in the kitchen, it would perfect after everything that happens in this book and it would truly make my heart happy to see it.

And Jules omg Jules, Elle's bestfriend. I already love her so much and relate to her. I can't wait to see it all happen in her POV and be inside her head and just freaking read her story because it's gonna be epic. I don't know how she's gonna get out of helping Berk find the notes' girl. I am guiddy just thinking about it.

I just love this group of friends so much already and I am completely dying for the other two books! They are already so promising and I know they'll be amazing. Maya honestly creates the best groups of friends and she always has me falling for the side characters as much as I do for the main characters. I could live in her worlds forever hanging out with these hot atheletes and the girls who steal their hearts.

GOODREADS LINK:

ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE FULTON U SERIES

#1 The Perfect First
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AUTHOR BIO

Maya Hughes can often be found sneaking in another chapter while hiding in the bathroom from her kids! :-) I’m a romance writer who loves taking inspiration from everyday life, namely my husband and biggest fan. Inspiration also strikes when I hear a song, meet someone new or daydream while at soccer practice.
I’m the mom of three little ones, the wife to an amazing husband and also work full time. Some of my favorite things are cinnamon rolls, white wine, laughing until I can’t breathe and traveling with my family.

AUTHOR LINKS


Comments

Popular Posts