Review: Baking with a Rock Star, Jasmine Miller


EARLY PRAISE FOR BAKING WITH A ROCKSTAR

“Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, this was so cute. If you're looking for something light to read on a lazy afternoon, this is pretty perfect. It's just a really great "make-you-feel-good" kind of book.” -Dylan, Goodreads

Title: Baking with a Rockstar
Series: Brooksville #1
Author: Jasmin Miller
Genre: Contemporary/New Adult Romance
Release Date: February 28, 2019 - LIVE EARLY!



BLURB

A fun, sweet, and sexy romance with a swoon-worthy rockstar and a single mom that will make your heart burst with happiness.

Rockstar Hudson Mitchell is over the glitz and spotlight of the music industry. Desperate for a break from the fast-paced life of fame, he retreats to the one place that has always been home.

Brooksville, California.

It's the same place where Charlie has taken refuge, trying to build a life for herself and her young daughter. The quiet, small-town atmosphere and her new bakery venture are exactly what she needs to pick up the pieces of her shattered past.

As they spend more time together, neither of them is prepared for the effect Charlie has on Hudson, and how important she would become for his career.




REVIEW

Hudson and Charlie's story was quite a sweet one. I loved getting to know these two and watching them fall in love despite the fact they had lead very different lifes until they met. With Hudson being a rockstar and used to the spotlight and Charlie being a recent mom who ran away from the tragedies in her past, at first glance they had little in common but in the end they wanted the same things in life - someone to love and to love them and a happy family. They just had to get over their past hurts and find a way to be together despite their different lifestyles.

A rock star romance and a single mother romance seem like a interesting blend from the start right? Well, you're in for a treat with this one. Besides this being the cutttest love story, there are lots twists and turns and 'shocking' unveiling of secrets that made this story even better. And besides, Hudson is reason enough to pick up this book. For a rock star he sure is such a sweet guy. It's so easy to fall in love with him and how much he loves Charlie's little girl. Those two fall in love at first sight and their bond is the best thing. Mira is the cuttest little thing and she is very fun too!

I do feel like this book could have ended way sooner than it did. There was a second conflict that felt unnecessary and it made me feel like the book dragged a little but not a bad way, just adding conflict for the sake of adding it. However, it didn't ruin the book or anything and I'm happy I had more Hudson to read about and with how the book ended. It was definitely a very cute story and if you're in the mood for sweet, this one is perfect for it.

Rate: 4.5 stars

PURCHASE LINKS – $2.99 for a limited time!!



FREE in Kindle Unlimited


EXCERPT 

“Charlie, where do you want me next?” Hudson’s voice sounds from behind me, making me jump.
The hairs on the back of my neck rise at the sound of his rich voice—the deep timbre almost echoing across the room—as I spin around to face him. “Gosh, Hudson, can you please stop sneaking up on me like that?”
I slap his shoulder lightly, leaving a nice flour mark on his black T-shirt.
Good. Serves him right.
Today is our second day together at “work,” and I still have to get used to him being around. Thankfully, I barely saw him yesterday, since he was helping one of the contractors fix a few things outside the building while I hid in my office, hunched over a pile of papers to make sure everything’s going according to plan. I wonder if Hudson stayed away from me on purpose, giving me some time to get used to him. I’m almost certain he knows how easily some people get overwhelmed by his presence.
He grimaces, but the mischief is clearly displayed in the way his eyes sparkle. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to, but you were so absorbed in your work. There could be a meteor coming your way, and you wouldn’t know it until it hit you.”
Well, he’s got me there. When I focus on something, it’s easy for me to zone out. “Very funny.”
I glare at him playfully and study him for a moment, taking him in, from his black T-shirt all the way to his dark gray jeans that are paired with black boots. His whole outfit is covered in dust, dirt, and a few specks of paint. He looks every bit the busy worker bee he’s been, and since I’m not blind—and my hormones practically demand it—I have to admit, he couldn’t look sexier.

AUTHOR BIO

Jasmin Miller is a professional lover of books and cake (preferably together) as well as a fangirl extraordinaire. She loves to read and write kissing books and never misses a chance to swoon over characters. Originally from Germany, she now lives in the western US with her husband and three little humans that keep her busy day and night.


AUTHOR LINKS


Comments

Popular Posts