Review: Rock Legend, Tara Leigh

Today we are celebrating the release of ROCK LEGEND by Tara Leigh! Check out the links and teasers for it below, and links for the previous book in the Nothing but Trouble series, ROCK KING. Join Tara's newsletter for exclusive news about the book.


Grab your copy now!


ROCK LEGEND by Tara Leigh

Available Now

Blurb:

Fans of Kristen Callihan, L.J. Shen, and Kylie Scott will scream for this sizzling bad boy rock star romance!

I'm no Prince Charming.

Most people know me as the drummer for Nothing but Trouble. Depending who you ask, I'm also a playboy, a loner, the life of the party, a screw-up, or according to my fans, "The Sexiest Rock Star on the Planet." Apparently, I'm a legend.

Am I surprised? Hell, no. It's a reputation I've earned behind my drum kit and behind closed doors. No one thought foster kid Landon Cox would become famous. Infamous, maybe. Notorious, probably. But successful? Never. No one except Piper Hastings. But I had to make a choice: my woman or my career. I picked fame and fortune... and spent every damn day since pretending I don't regret it.

Now fate's dropped Piper back into my life. I want to believe it's a second chance for me - for us. But while I can give her a few great nights, I can't give Piper a future.

Because there's a difference between a legend and a fairy tale...
Only one of them ends happily ever after.


Grab your copy now!


REVIEW: 4,5 beat drums
If I thought I had liked Rock King, I honestly had no clue how much I would love Rock Legend. But man did I!

Want to know the difference between a legend and a fairy tale? Only one of them ends happily ever after.

If there's one thing I really love about second chance romances, it's all the angst they give me. I live for it. And this book had it so good!! Landon and Piper had met in college and dated for 2 blissful months until the moment he had to make a decision about his future in Nothing But Trouble. He made a decision based on his guilt over something that happened in his past and he has regretted it ever since. Leaving his Pippa was the second thing he regretted most in life. 
He no longer was the young men she used to know, he was a rockstar, a legend who lost himself in alcohol, drugs, women and playing his drums.

“Actually,” I said, extending my arms out in either direction. “Haven’t you heard? I’m a fucking legend.” She leveled an icy glare my way. “You’re a fucking asshole.” One corner of my lips quirked up. Fire and ice, my Pippa. “That, too.”

Piper worked in the same industry as Landon but up until this moment had managed to stay away from him. But with Delaney wanting to surprise Shane, she had to go with her and do her job. She knew this time she wouldn't be so lucky not to cross paths with Landon but she wasn't expecting the night to end up like it did.

Landon Cox taught me what love felt like, even how it tasted. Our love was like the first sip of celebratory champagne, the first bite of chocolate soufflé. Bubbly and decadent, so good I didn’t know when to stop. Devouring it until I was sick. Lovesick. And I never wanted to feel that way again.

That night Landon comes face to face with a blast from the past. It came as a shock to see Piper in his dressing room but he wasn't about to waste the opportunity to be with the love of his life again. Even though she pretended not to want anything to do with him and fought him off, Landon was not giving up on her. This was his second chance and he was not about to leave her again.

I honestly did not like either of these characters very much in Rock King. I had been very on the fence about Piper, and Landon seemed like a douche most of the time. But this book totally changed my view on them. Both of them kept up a facade to the world but there was so much more to these two and I loved getting to know the real person behind their masks. And together... they were fire and ice, and I both loved and loathed the way they were with each other; either they were fire and super cute or they were ice and I wanted to slap either one or both of them, there was no in between.

I’d never wanted anyone this bad, not even Piper herself. Six years ago, I hadn’t realized she was unique. A firefly among mosquitos. I groaned, deepening our kiss, tightening my hold. Fighting against the memories, the sentimentality, the intrusive emotions. Whatever this was, it wouldn’t last. It couldn’t last. Piper deserved a great guy—and that wasn’t me.

Not only did I love Rock Legend more than I did Rock King, I feel like the writing was also better and I really loved it. It was lyrical, soulful and just beautiful. I loved everything about this book and these two. I wanted more. 

“Just answer one question for me and I’ll let you off the hook.” I widened my stance, planting my hands firmly on Piper’s hips. “What hook is that, baby?” Holding her captive, I closed the distance between us, fitting her perfectly against me. “Maybe I don’t want to be let off. Maybe I want to be firmly entrenched.”

Can't wait for what's next in the series. The little snippets we got of Dax and Verity had me dying for more. I can already tell I'm gonna love it. Enemies to lovers, hmm yes please! Can't wait for Fall!
Purchase the previous book in the series...

ROCK KING (Nothing but Trouble, #1) purchase links

Kindle | Universal Link

iBooks | Nook | Kobo | Purchase in Paperback

-------------------------------

AUTHOR BIO:
Tara Leigh writes steamy contemporary romance featuring tortured heroes worth lusting after and the women they didn't know they needed. She attended Washington University in St. Louis and Columbia Business School in New York, and worked on Wall Street and Main Street before “retiring” to become a wife and mother. When the people in her head became just as real as the people in her life, she decided to put their stories on paper. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children and fur-baby, Pixie.

AUTHOR LINKS:


Comments

Popular Posts