Review: Rock King, Tara Leigh

Today we are taking part in the promo tour for ROCK KING by Tara Leigh! ROCK KING is available now, and the second book in the Nothing but Trouble series, ROCK LEGEND, is available for pre-order and will release on July 17! Check out some teasers for both titles below.



ROCK KING by Tara Leigh - available now!

Blurb:

Fans of Kristen Callihan and Kylie Scott will scream for this sizzling bad boy rock star romance!



I'm not who you think I am.

Shane Hawthorne has it all. At least, that's what the headlines say about me. I have millions of fans, awards, more money - and women - than I know what to do with. But what you don't see is the wreckage I've caused. The memories and pain I can't escape, even when I pour them into music and spin them into gold.

I tried to forget. To lose myself in booze and groupies. It didn't work. It hurt me and - worse - it hurt my band. That's the last thing I want to do, so I'm cleaning up my act... starting with Delaney Fraser.

Gorgeous, smart, drama-free, and even nice - Delaney is the perfect "girlfriend." When I'm with her I don't have to pretend. It's like she sees the real me. And I can see a future with her. But that's dangerous. Because the truth is, Shane Hawthorne doesn't actually exist. He's a shield to hide who I really am. Fraud. Runaway. Addict. Murderer.

And it's impossible to love a lie, right?

The Nothing but Trouble series:
Rock King
Rock Legend
Rock Rebel

ROCK KING purchase links

Kindle | Universal Link

iBooks | Nook | Kobo | Purchase in Paperback





REVIEW

Who else loves Rock Star romances? I do, so so much. I always devour them and this one was no different. It got me from the very first page! Leigh's words got me; her writing is amazing and I'm soooo looking forward to reading the next book, Rock Legend, coming next month on the 17th!
Her inspirations were the Bleeding Stars series by A. L. Jackson and the Beaumont series by Heidi McLaughlin, which I also loved so hard! So if you loved these series, you're also gonna love this one because it was amazing!!

All those years of awkwardness, of feeling so uncomfortable I almost couldn’t bear it, were still trapped inside me even though my reflection in the mirror had changed. Shane lifted his other hand to my jaw, pulling my gaze back to him. “Don’t do that.” His fingertips were hot, controlling my blood flow like some kind of stylus. I could feel it rushing to the surface of my skin, surging to meet Shane’s touch. “Do what?” I asked, my voice a ragged whisper. “Look away from me. I like feeling your eyes on my face.” He balled his hand into a fist against my cheek, stroking my flesh with his knuckles, each touch erasing a tiny piece of the self-conscious teen living inside me.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I'll give you a little intel. Shane Hawthorne is a famous rock star with a huge secret, the secret of who he really is. Delaney Fraser is a woman who is very lost after her life turned upside down 3 years ago. These two find each other very randomly, but they both know from the very first glance, that their lives won't be the same after that one moment in time when they meet.
These two have similar pasts, they went through the same thing and they are both living with the guilt. They are both still hurting over losing someone they loved dearly, and are heavy with guilt over the part they played in it. While Delaney helps Shane open up and helps him work through the guilt and the things/people he left behind, she chooses to not tell him about her past due to fear of losing him... but that might end up happening anyway.

What the fuck just happened? Delaney. Delaney Fraser. Even her name sounded like a lyric. Soft and hard. Sweetly sinful. That whispered shhh toward the end, as if she were a secret I wasn’t meant to discover. The girl who walked away from me without a second glance. Delaney Fucking Fraser. Beautiful name. Beautiful face. Beautiful body.

Rock King is a beautiful angsty love story about learning to forgive yourself and doing the right thing even after you've messed up. It is brilliantly written. Leigh's characters will for sure steal a piece of your heart with their fake relationship that transformed into once-in-a-life-time love.


“Why are you really here, Shane?” He gave a long blink, then shrugged. “No place else I wanted to be.” The blunt sincerity of Shane’s answer was enough to make me swoon, but the way he was looking at me, like I held the key to a mystery he’d been trying to solve his whole life, was the knockout punch. “That’s…sweet.” His soft chuckle floated on the charged air between us. “Never been called that before.” “Maybe you should try deserving it now and then.” “Nah. Not good for my image.”

Add ROCK KING to Goodreads


Pre-order the next book in the series...

Pre-order Now - Releasing July 17!



-------------------------------

AUTHOR BIO:
Tara Leigh writes steamy contemporary romance featuring tortured heroes worth lusting after and the women they didn't know they needed. She attended Washington University in St. Louis and Columbia Business School in New York, and worked on Wall Street and Main Street before “retiring” to become a wife and mother. When the people in her head became just as real as the people in her life, she decided to put their stories on paper. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children and fur-baby, Pixie.

AUTHOR LINKS:


Comments

Popular Posts